Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Newbert

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 17, 2015
I'm not much of a gamer, but do spend some time on them occasionally.

Does anyone have any game(s) to recommend with take advantage of the IPP's larger screen and increased processing power?

Thanks.

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
I'm not much of a gamer, but do spend some time on them occasionally.

Does anyone have any game(s) to recommend with take advantage of the IPP's larger screen and increased processing power?

Thanks.
tic tac toe? LOL. with pencil... or what other person said..infinity blade .

friedmud

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
Vainglory is pretty great. Almost feels like cheating because you can target much more precisely on the large screen ;-)

Other games I've been playing on my iPP...

Real Racing 3: looks great and smooth as butter.
Lara Croft Go: good game, sound is good on the iPP speakers.
Last Horizon: it translates well to the big screen
Star Wars Heroes: graphics leave a bit to be desired on the big screen, but still fun ;-)

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I just downloaded The Room on the iPad Pro. The graphics look great on the larger screen.

pragyan

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2015
Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Puppies Out – Original and Addictive game with cute puppies

Game “Puppies Out" for iOS and Android. It is a fun, free endless runner game with gorgeous graphics featuring 21 cute puppies set in a fantasy world amidst a lively, colorful 3D landscape. This game is suitable for all ages and the iOS version of the game is Ad-free.

App Store link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/puppies-out/id988337310?ls=1&mt=8

Play Store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zatun.puppiesout

YouTube Trailer link:

Jim4D

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2013
FTL: Not the most amazing graphics but stylized, one of my favorite games excellent with touch.
Hearthstone: Again not 3D but beautiful art style and lots of depth.
Next on my list will be XCOM

BrennerM

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Smash Hit is amazing on the iPad Pro. Coupled with the excellent speakers on the iPP it really creates an amazing environment. And there is something very satisfying about smashing virtual glass objects.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I bought the Nimbus controller the other day, makes gaming more comfortable. I will not say it would be more immersive BUT I am tired of steering driving games tilting the IPP. It isn't heavy but it wears on me so RR3 for one is more enjoyable and I can keep the IPP mounted on a stand and obviously further away than holding it arms distance.

I have a list for supported games with the controller and I have been interested in Bastion so I will give it a whirl. Pac Man lite is fun, I keep uninstalling and downloading it again for kicks.

txa1265

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
I am disappointed that Bioshock hasn't been re-released to the App Store yet (I hope it does eventually!) as that would be good. I have been enjoying some RPGs such as Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, Avadon 2 from Spiderweb Games, and so on. I think it is still early to expect anything revolutionary, since we already have gorgeous Retina graphics ...

madat42

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2011
Yes, ported RPGs like Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale I think would be good candidates for the IPP's big screen, even if the games are playing in scaled resolution. FTL. iOS Board games as well.

Chuck Rodent

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2014
Hitman Sniper is on sale so I tried it, pretty fun stuff and not easy to get through some of the missions. Graphics on the Pro make the experience better.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Looking for some new additions or essential must have games for the iPP.

I really enjoyed Lifeline on my phone as it was fantastic. Any other must have, essential iPP downloads?
Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.