Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bepster

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2005
Hey guys!

I am making some nice mixed CDs for the holidays and some parties!
They are almost like dj-mixes so I was wondering if anybody knows a program or an app where I can fade songs into each other??
I am using toast to burn...

Would be so great if it would be gap-less on the cd...

thanks!

bepster

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2005
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
Merge all the tracks with something like Audacity or Garageband(?), export one long track, and butn that using Toast (or iTunes).

There might be more specialized software somewhere out there, too... :)

I don't really want one long track, I want to be able to skip songs... this seams like quite a pickle, iTunes can't do it, right?

I got Toast 7, but obviously I need toast 6 with Jam to do it...

is there no other way??

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
Hi, it's been some time since I did this but...have you tried to give a start and stop time to your songs in iTunes? Look using get info of the song (right click on the song) you should see a start time, this is set as 0:00 and the end time, how ever long the song is. Change the times (try two songs first) and see if that helps and also look under the crossfade option (pref., playback) and see if this does what you want. Like I said it's been some time since I messed with iTunes like this. Also you could try to burn your songs to a cd, then import them pack in and using the join feature, I haven't used that for a few years either, sorry but I hope this helps :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.