Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

floyde

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
Monterrey, México
Well the good people at Native Instruments apparently didn't think it was possible that someone would choose not to buy their Kontakt 2 software after the trial period on their demo expired.So they didn't take the time to provide a means to uninstall this Kontakt 2 demo even though it has the slight inconvenience of "integrating" itself to Garageband.

So I am left with 2 annoying choices:
1. I leave Kontakt 2 installed and get a nag screen every time I open Garageband (why should I care if Kontakt 2 demo has expired if I'm trying to use Garageband! :eek: ).
2. I manually remove Kontakt 2 (I removed the files in both Applications folder and in Library\Application Support) and get and even worse screen when I run Garageband that says it can't find Kontakt 2 and then it freezes up.

Any ideas on how to remove this integration? I even uninstalled and reinstalled Garageband with no luck. I thought I would never have to format my powerbook :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.