Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SamtheDrummer

macrumors member
Original poster
May 28, 2009
I'm thinking off buying a mac but would like to have the latest garageband as I assume you have to buy it even though it comes free with a mac.
When do Apple release a new version is it every year or something else?
Thanks

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Garage Band comes with iLife and Apple releases a new iLife at the beginning of every year.

So you'll have to wait another seven months and four years for version 10 or use the already existing version 5.

SamtheDrummer

macrumors member
Original poster
May 28, 2009
Well I meant 10 as in the 2010 version.
But thanks, are there any rumors to how it will be improved or is it too early?

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
I'm thinking off buying a mac but would like to have the latest garageband as I assume you have to buy it even though it comes free with a mac.
When do Apple release a new version is it every year or something else?
Thanks

the current version is included when you buy a Mac but you have to buy any updates the are released later for about $79. These come out about every year. The next version is more than 1/2 a year away.

But if you relly like GB and are using it a lot you may preffer to spen $199 in Logic Express and skip the $79 iLife update. I have no plans to buy iLife 10 next year, there is nothing in it I'd use. I've gone to using Aperture and Logic and don't need iPhoto or GB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.