Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sk8tool

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2004
Hi guys,
Appologies for the vague title, but does anyone know of any websites that have user contributed EQ settings for garageband instruments. Basically somewhere people can post their settings if they've, say, recreated a good rock style guitar distortion, a cool piano sound or a weird and wonderful drum kit sound, for example. Does that make sense? :confused: Hope so! :D
On a more specific note, the reason i ask is because im after a good electric drum kit sound (I am aware of the electric drum kit in GB, but that couldn't be further from what i want. GB's is really retro,80's....bleh! Basically not what im after!). The sort of sound im after are the drums in, say, (cue bad/vague and sometimes not relevant examples) Dido,Portishead, Lostprophets (not the actual songs, the DJ fillers).
The sound is kinda thick,low resonance and...electronic!

This is very vague and im rambling, appologies, but if anyone knows of any sites that have instrument EQ settings or anything like that, or if anynone can specifically help me obtain this sound, i would be very grateful.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

Harald4

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2004
I did not figure that out for myself but I'm thinking about it.
Check Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Instrument Library,
do not positively change anything here...
Here you will find terms to google for and I've seen some results already but wasn't able to put them to work, simply a lack of understanding fundamentals...
But I am sure it's possible already.
Anyway, we all should invest some reading time to better understand Unix, 'cause there are zillions of guys out there able to answer our questions as soon as we are able to ask them...
Start here:
http://www.timeoutofmind.com/assCodeExamples/lookUpWordsTutorial.cfm

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.