Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reneene

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2013
Hi everybody,

as you can see, I have a problem with Geektool. Many people have the startup problem where Geektool doesn't launch on a restart. My problem is a bit different. My Geektool starts fine, but the Geeklets are not shown. I see the symbol in the topbar, so it starts fine. As soon as I go into the preferences option of geektool, the Geeklets I have start and display totally fine, but not automatically on startup. I didn't find some other post on the internet about the special problem so I have to ask here.

Thanks for the help!

reneene

bpark919

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2013
I noticed this happens too sometimes. Are you on Mountain Lion with multiple desktops? I noticed that the geeklets won't appear on certain desktops until I "refresh all". Also what kind of hardware are you on? I noticed on my RMBP that at certain resolutions certain geeklets "disappear" or I can't click on them.

reneene

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2013
Hey - thanks for your relpy!

I am running Mac OSX 10.5.8 (Leopard) on a Intel based MacBook Air. I used multiple desktops (9 to be exact). I am running Geektool 3, if that is important to know. Because I can't seem to work a solution for the problem, I am thinking about creating an Apple Sctipt that opens and closes the preferences on startup, just to get it working. Thats not really pretty, but if there is no other way, its the only chance I can think of so far. Since I am travelling right now, I am not really working on the thing, but if I have a script that works easy, I will post an update on this Thread.

v50drive

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2013
Geek Tool can´t Remove Shell

Hi People,i have the following problem,i can´t remove or change the clock shell,because it ain´t showing as Shell?????
How to resolve the problem ?
Thanks.
a2qkyd.png
[/IMG]

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.