Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eford

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2012
Since updating to 9.3.5 my iPod Touch (5th Generation) suffers from rapidly draining battery. For example, this afternoon I performed a complete charge cycle and then disconnected the device and left it on my desk, untouched for four hours with no apps running. When I checked the battery level after that idle time it showed less than 50% remaining. I've tried all of the solutions posted elsewhere including clearing and disabling all background app refreshes, power down and restart, forced restart, WiFi on, WiFi off, Bluetooth on, Bluetooth off, airplane mode on, airplane mode off, signed off iCloud (don't normally use it), and, I don't use Facebook or even have it installed. I've even gone thru Reset All Settings. All to no avail. If anyone has another suggestion or known solution I would greatly appreciate hearing about it.

Reno Raines

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2015
Try erasing all settings. This worked for me in the past. You just have to re enter your lost settings but does not erase your date. Hope that helps.

eford

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2012
Try erasing all settings. This worked for me in the past. You just have to re enter your lost settings but does not erase your date. Hope that helps.

Isn't that what Reset All Settings does? As mentioned, I tried that with no improvement.

eford

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2012
No worries. Looks like I'll just have to fork over the cash for a new iPod.

colodane

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2012
Colorado
Actually, the battery performance you were seeing with your 5G might be what you will get with a new 6G. You might want to read the threads on 6G battery life before taking the plunge.

With brightness at 30%, no gaming or videos, and just casual email, ebook reading and web surfing I get 3 to 4 hours on my 6G.

smorrissey

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2015
I don't mean to troll but the ipod touch 5 now belongs to the past, no more ios updates for it. I have one connected to my stereo via usb permanently and works fine, slow but still fine i only use it to stream music that's all.

im_to_hyper

macrumors 65816
Aug 25, 2004
Pasadena, California, USA
Does thr drain happen immediately after an update, or for weeks afterward? I've always noticed that after an update my battery drains faster for the first day or so!

If it's a constant issue it may be since the iPod is the same internals as the iPhone 4S :-/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.