Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gloryunited

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2010
Pointers can't be replaced. But more gestures should be added to the OS.

In the mean time, I'm using BetterTouchTool to add some useful gestures that I would expect they come built-in.

Beanoir

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2010
51 degrees North
Stealing someone else's invention doesn't make it yours. And Xerox wasn't the first, anyway.

I think the point being made is that the "mouse" is considered by the majority as being an Apple invention because it was Apple that brought the mouse to the masses back in the early 80's. They didn't invent it, but it's still never been clear who actually did because there were a few patents around for very similar devices. Apple did the hard part and made the invention work.

Back OT, I doubt that Apple would replace the mouse or the track pad anytime soon, I just can't see it working.

LordVic

Cancelled
Sep 7, 2011
The pointer is inferior to touchscreen.

WRONG
wrong
WRong
Wrong and.

wrong.

There are uses in which touch screens are amazing. They are more intuitive. They interact directly with which you're attempting to interact with.

However. there are cases that a touch screen has absolutely no ability to replicate the precision of a pointer. The Speed in which you can move a pointer, and the accuracy.

A mouse pointer (trackpad) can be almost acurate to the pixel in which the pointer tip rests on. This is something no touch screen can replicate since well, your finger tip is more than 1 pixel big.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.