Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

btallada9870

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 16, 2007
I just upgraded the 2nd hard drive in my laptop to 160 GB, and transfered my music from the 80 GB 1st hard drive over. However, i just consolidated to the new directory instead of backing up my library. I lost all of my playlists and play counts. the play counts don't really bother me but I don't want to have to redo all of my playlists. My ipod classic does have all of my playlists on it though. Is there any way to take the playlist file from my ipod and put it back into itunes so that all of my playlists go back into my itunes?

thanks for any help.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
This is possible but we need to know what OS you're running and how whether you automatically sync your iPod's library or not before we can tell you the best method. :)

btallada9870

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 16, 2007
I'm on a PC, and I automatically sync. When I plug my ipod into my computer, it tells me I can only sync with one library and gives me the choice to erase and sync, or cancel. I just cancel just in case there is a way for me to get them back.

thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.