Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

melburstein

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2012
I've already reported this to Apple via the Feedback Assistance, but want to ask if anyone else is experiencing this problem. It started for me about one week ago and renders Safari unusable, forcing me to use Chrome.

colourfastt

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2009
I've already reported this to Apple via the Feedback Assistance, but want to ask if anyone else is experiencing this problem. It started for me about one week ago and renders Safari unusable, forcing me to use Chrome.

I've been having this problem since PB1. Like the recurring junk mail problem with Mail, I've sent numerous "feedbacks" but haven't seen it resolved yet.

melburstein

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2012
Try removing the Safari folder from your library using this terminal command:

mv ~/Library/Safari ~/Library/Safari.old

(Don't worry, all your settings will be backed up should this not be the solution)

Problem solved. Thank you so much ErikGrim :). The terminal command could not find the file, so I used MuCommander to find and rename it.

tenebra87

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2014

(Don't worry, all your settings will be backed up should this not be the solution)

Thanks Thanks Thanks a lot from Italy!!
You saved me!

Luca

thebro20

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2014
spinning beachball in safari

Since a few days ago I'm constantly getting the spinning beach ball in safari. Just clicking on a link, typing something into a search bar or password, i get the spinning beachball. any ideas on what to do? I've never had this problem before.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK

Do you know where the backed up settings would be?

Cheers

patrickwlee

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2015

I found a solution to this, if you are using Click to Plugin, or Adblocker extensions in Safari, in Safari preferences, Advanced Tab, uncheck "Stop plug-ins to save power".

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area

This solved my problem so I just had to bump it to show that it's still relevant.
I've got the latest El Capitan beta and the beach balls have only been getting worse and worse.
If you log out of iCloud before performing the step above and then log back in to iCloud after, you won't even lose any bookmarks (provided you use iCloud to sync your bookmarks).
Mucho thanks.

Reactions: ErikGrim
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.