Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pseudobrit

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2002
Jobs' Spare Liver Jar
yg17 said:
So, that single line is enough to bump a movie from PG-13 to R?

F-bomb gets you an instant "R".

I watched the movie "Touching the Void" about two English mountain climbers and their nearly unbelievable tale of climbing the deadly Siula Grande in Chile. It had an "R" rating and I couldn't figure out why because there was no sex or violence and the language was very clean. Then, about 3/4 of the way through the movie, the one character yells out "****!" a few times. That was the only curse word in the movie. Went from "PG" to "R".

"********," says I.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
pseudobrit said:
F-bomb gets you an instant "R".

I watched the movie "Touching the Void" about two English mountain climbers and their nearly unbelievable tale of climbing the deadly Siula Grande in Chile. It had an "R" rating and I couldn't figure out why because there was no sex or violence and the language was very clean. Then, about 3/4 of the way through the movie, the one character yells out "****!" a few times. That was the only curse word in the movie. Went from "PG" to "R".

"********," says I.

The Ringer has an f-bomb and was PG13. One single f-bomb though, maybe that's why.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.