Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aaron.lee2006

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 23, 2006
Ontario, Canada
So I have been in Florida for the last two days and I'm still in my Hotel room down here. I must say though I still think Florida is a great place. Anyway, so I am borading the ship today and I'm am excited :D Can't wait to gte on the deck. Just thought I'd say this.:D

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
OP, hope you have a good time... if you check this before the cruisei s over don't read the rest of my post. :p

I'd love to take a cruise. It's such a lazy man's holiday.
It's actually not my ideal way to "holiday," and believe me, I am lazy. It's the strangest juxtaposition between being crazily rushed to and fro, and having hours of sheer boredom. :eek: For shore excursions, they just become these whirlwinds of activity starting with a mad stampede off the cruise into port, and then ending with a mad dash to get back onboard prior to the final call.

Then it's this crazy, drop your things off and prep for dinner (dress code, freshen up, etc.), and rush-- to stand in line waiting to be seated. After dinner? Hours and hours of complete and utter boredom.*

That said, on the right cruise and cruise lines, at least the food is terrific and 'round the clock. :D

*Of course this could be party due to the fact that I have no interest whatsoever in gambling and I'm usually w/ my parents and sister (translation: no drinking for me, hmph).

hana

macrumors regular
May 23, 2003
Los Angeles
Some advice:
1. Wash your hands frequently.
2. If you notice any plumbing irregularities, report them immediately.
3. If you notice any strange smells, report them immediately.
4. Be careful of the shelfish.
5. Otherwise...have fun!

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
I am so jealous of you, OP.

Only been on one cruise, but it was a wonderful, easy way to pass a week. As long as you've got a good book and an empty credit card (and can find a place where there are no kids), it's a wonderful way to chill out.

Enjoy and tell us about it!

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Some advice:
1. Wash your hands frequently.
2. If you notice any plumbing irregularities, report them immediately.
3. If you notice any strange smells, report them immediately.

This advice doesn't only apply to cruises. I suggest following this advice whenever spending a night out with me.

grafikat

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2003
DOn't drink too much the first night....It really contributes to seasickness. My sweetie and I found this out the hard way on our honeymoon!:eek:

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
I went on my first cruise last summer to Hawaii on Norwegian Cruise Line. I discovered that is the only way to do the islands. It was great. Although the Pride of America got bad reviews for the food, service, etc it wasn't that bad. The main restaurant food was ok. The speciality restaurant was good and only cost $10 extra. Service was pretty good, with only one person complaining about the hours they work( well we asked him and they do work ridiculous hours) When I looked up the reviews, I learned that the ship sank when it was still being built.

We just booked another cruise today on Princess in Europe for the summer. It starts in Copenhagen, Denmark then to Stockholm, Sweden, then goes to Helsinki, Finland, then 2 days in St.Petersburg, Russia, then to Tallin, Estonia, then Gdansk (Gdynia), Poland, then to Berlin (Warnemunde), Germany, then finally Helsingor, Denmark before going back to Copenhagen. I can't wait until July. :D I hope you have fun on your cruise aaron.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.