Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Faitt

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
Is anyone planning to get this done, or have done it already? Any impressions out there?

Court tonic

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA
Is anyone planning to get this done, or have done it already? Any impressions out there?

I got it done on just the black iPhone 7 -and it looks great! The guy was working on putting one in a jet black when I went to pick mine up and I thought it looked good!

Reactions: Faitt

Daves0024

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2012
I got it done on just the black iPhone 7 -and it looks great! The guy was working on putting one in a jet black when I went to pick mine up and I thought it looked good!
They have them in stock already? I didn't see any on their website. I guess I have to check the stand in the mall.

Court tonic

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA
They have them in stock already? I didn't see any on their website. I guess I have to check the stand in the mall.
I didn't see it on the website either, but I went to the mall yesterday afternoon and asked the guy at the booth and sure enough they did! Installed mine in about 20 minutes.

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
It's on the website now. There is a Ghost Armor kiosk at one of my local malls. There is a Zagg Kiosk at another local mall. Which one does everyone recommend?

The Kiosks are the way to go in my opinion. Let the pros install it!

Last edited:

Elisha

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2006
Whichever one that has less of an orange peel look and rubbery feel!

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
Which one has less or an orange peel look and rubbery feel? If I'm not mistaken, Ghost Armor does more of a full body protection compared to Zagg Invisible Shield.

Daves0024

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2012
Which one has less or an orange peel look and rubbery feel? If I'm not mistaken, Ghost Armor does more of a full body protection compared to Zagg Invisible Shield.
Ghost armor used to be more clear than Zagg but I haven't used a protector in years. Just want one to cover the back of the jet black.

Shark5150

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2014
Dallas, Texas
It's on the website now. There is a Ghost Armor kiosk at one of my local malls. There is a Zagg Kiosk at another local mall. Which one does everyone recommend?

The Kiosks are the way to go in my opinion. Let the pros install it!
Hey. Where's the ghost armor near us? I'm near Philly too.

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
Ghost armor used to be more clear than Zagg but I haven't used a protector in years. Just want one to cover the back of the jet black.

I just want one to cover the back too.
Ghost Armor covers the back and sides and Zagg covers the back.
[doublepost=1474234638][/doublepost]
Hey. Where's the ghost armor near us? I'm near Philly too.

Montgomery Mall in North Wales. About 15 mins north of me :)

Zagg is at the King of Prussia, which is about 15 mins away as well.

Shark5150

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2014
Dallas, Texas
I just want one to cover the back too.
Ghost Armor covers the back and sides and Zagg covers the back.
[doublepost=1474234638][/doublepost]

Montgomery Mall in North Wales. About 15 mins north of me :)

Zagg is at the King of Prussia, which is about 15 mins away as well.
Montco mall? Really? I live in blue Bell! I'll check it out. Thanks! You recommend ghost armor? I've had zagg exclusively in the past

Last edited:

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
Montco mall? Really? I live in blue Bell! I'll check it out. Thanks! You recommend ghost armor? I've had zagg exclusively in the past

Yes. I live on Blue Bell too!!!

I've had both, but to be honest, it was a while ago, so I need a refresher.

Reactions: Shark5150

solidsnake32292

macrumors regular
May 29, 2010
Can anyone post a few pics and the prices for what the wraps cost for the jet black? My 7+ is coming in tomorrow and just wanted to see how these looked.

Thanks!

Shark5150

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Has anyone used the ghost armor tempered glass? If so, can you comment on it? Thanks! I have zagg glass+ installed and it's lifting at the edges after 3 re-installs already.

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010

I just called the Montgomery Mall and Ghost Armor hasn't been there in a while. My bad. Off to Zagg at the King of Prussia Mall I go.

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
Thx man. Me too! Having them change the glass+ they installed which is lifting. For the 4th time! Ugh

Been there done that. Kinda of a pain, but at least Zagg is fairy close by. I'm thinking of going for the hd or hdx front and regular back.

Faitt

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
Has anyone used the ghost armor tempered glass? If so, can you comment on it? Thanks! I have zagg glass+ installed and it's lifting at the edges after 3 re-installs already.

I have it on my iPad Air 2. I think it's been about 2 years exactly now. It's been holding up pretty well.

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
A little off topic since I'm looking at Zagg. I'm thinking of going for the hd or hdx front and regular back. Zagg doesn't offer the full body protection like Ghost Armor. How scratch resistant or lack there of is the iPhone 7 black sides?

Faitt

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
The lady wanted to head to the mall today to grab some things, so I decided to go ahead and get the full body protection at Ghost Armor while i was there. It seems to have changed into a Cell Armor, but nonetheless went ahead with it. It was $40+tax. Tempered glass front and regular clear black. The back is a little less amazing looking, but I am much more inclined to rock it caseless now (at least at home and at work).

Photo Sep 19, 10 16 58 PM.jpg Photo Sep 19, 10 19 45 PM.jpg Photo Sep 19, 10 41 38 PM.jpg Photo Sep 19, 10 41 54 PM.jpg Photo Sep 19, 10 44 02 PM.jpg

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
I have a zagg on the back, but looking for more protection. Think the JB sides will scratch pretty easy. Oh well, just enjoying it for now.

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
The lady wanted to head to the mall today to grab some things, so I decided to go ahead and get the full body protection at Ghost Armor while i was there. It seems to have changed into a Cell Armor, but nonetheless went ahead with it. It was $40+tax. Tempered glass front and regular clear black. The back is a little less amazing looking, but I am much more inclined to rock it caseless now (at least at home and at work).

You can rock it caseless with the full body protection no doubt. I'm not digging the back with all the cut-outs on the sides. The sides are more apt to peel and get dust/fuzzies caught up in the cut-outs and folds.

I have a zagg on the back, but looking for more protection. Think the JB sides will scratch pretty easy. Oh well, just enjoying it for now.

Can you post pics? I may give it a shot. My local mall Zagg kiosk charges $41.99 plus tax for hd front and regular back. One of the keys is having more grip so it's not slippery like a bar of soap. JB sides and regular black sides same material thus scratch easy as well?

bizack

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2009

View attachment 655171 View attachment 655172 View attachment 655173 View attachment 655174 View attachment 655175
It's not obvious at all that you have anything on your iPhone. Looks great - I'm definitely going to pay $40 to have someone deface my JB 7+.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.