Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

w4rm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2014
This is a centralized place for all the Dynamic Wallpapers in iOS 9. Please add any you find.

Here are the one's I found on the site - http://www.apple.com/iphone-6s/3d-touch/

Blue Fish:
JEadZkt.gif

Green Smoke:

WFBb8vj.gif

Gold Fish:

5NzclP0.gif

Purple Smoke:

RWwRuCW.gif

Teal Fish:
gS2krvR.gif

White Smoke:
d9fQaIC.gif

EDIT: It seems these are only available on the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus. My guess is battery life.

Last edited:

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
So cool. Im a sucker for fish and water wallpapers

** Edit: Nevermind, apparently these somehow require an iPhone 6S/6S+ :rolleyes:**

Last edited:

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
:rolleyes: Apple skipping out on older devices because the 6s doesn't have enough differentiation... it's okay though, you'd likely get tired of them soon enough anyway.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Lol yeah. I thought we already knew these were 6s exclusive. It's probably a version of the Live Photos feature on the 6s. I'm running the GM and these are nowhere to be found.

kyemaloy

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2015
What I thought I heard from the keynote is that it's a Force Touch thing to "activate" the motion/gif on your lock screen, no?

Exactly, thats what there website says too. I guess the iPhone 6S is the only phone that'll get these wallpapers until the next iPhone xD

DesignG

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2014
Exactly, thats what there website says too. I guess the iPhone 6S is the only phone that'll get these wallpapers until the next iPhone xD

Didn't they said, that you can open Live Photos on any iOS 9 device, but you can only capture them on iPhone 6s/plus

Reactions: MartinAppleGuy

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
Phil said (roughly quoted), " you can pick from one of our new dynamic wallpapers in iOS 9" - so I assumed it was for iPhone 6 at least. Anybody check on the GM? I'm downloading at the moment

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
Lol yeah. I thought we already knew these were 6s exclusive. It's probably a version of the Live Photos feature on the 6s. I'm running the GM and these are nowhere to be found.
They're specifically called "Dynamic Wallpapers" on the Apple website; not the stop-motion-like Live Photos. Apparently they should be no different than the floating circles.

DesignG

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2014
They're specifically called "Dynamic Wallpapers" on the Apple website; not the stop-motion-like Live Photos. Apparently they should be no different than the floating circles.
You are right.
Listen to minute 114:00 http://www.apple.com/apple-events/september-2015/
He is saying, that we can open live photos on any device (iPad, Apple Watch etc). What we are talking here are the dynamic wallpapers. I think they have nothing to do with the Live Photos...

EDIT: Any chance to get the jpgs of the fish? Im so im love with them!

chucker23n1

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2014
Yes but seriously: Who's gonna buy a brand new iPhone just because of an animated fish swimming on their screen?
I won't.

Wrong question. Who's gonna not buy an iPhone again because a free software update didn't add an animated fish swimming on their screen?

Exactly.

There may have been efficiency concerns, too. It was probably a question of whether they want to bother optimizing it enough hat it plays smoothly (yet without being too much of an energy drain) on older devices. And once you go down that path, where do you stop? Should it play on the 5S, too? The 5C? And what of the 4S? That, too, runs iOS 9.

krabbenharry

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2013
Germany
This is ****ing ridiculous! Let's hope there will be a jailbreak available to fix this. I'm really really digging these Wallpapers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.