Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Howard Brazee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 24, 2006
Lafayette CO
I bought my first iTune - but it used my credit card. I didn't see any setting that I could tell it that I got a gift card for Christmas.

I'd like to use the gift card as my primary money source - and only when it runs out, to go with my credit card.

How do I do this?

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
I bought my first iTune - but it used my credit card. I didn't see any setting that I could tell it that I got a gift card for Christmas.

I'd like to use the gift card as my primary money source - and only when it runs out, to go with my credit card.

How do I do this?

You need to redeem the gift-card in the iTunes Store. Once you do that you'll get a balance put on your account, which iTunes will automatically draw from until it's gone. Not sure where the link to it is in the Store at the moment (can't access it at work).

adrianblaine

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2006
Pasadena, CA

How do I do this?

Did you redeem your gift card in the iTunes store? Under quick links on the right side of the store there is a link called redeem. When you enter the code it should give show how much money you have left in the upper right hand corner.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Yeah once it is redemmed under iTunes Music Store there will be a cash number next to your name in the top right corner showing how much money is left on the card.

dextertangocci

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
Sorry, off topic, but I just thought of this now. What if you type in numbers similar to the ones on the iTunes gift certificates and gift cards, and one turns out to be correct... Is that possible?

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
I guess it is possible, but don't get your hopes up. I'm sure Apple has thought of this and made some effort to prevent it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.