Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
MacAztec said:
Sucks. Her and two of her girlfriends (and her dad) are going to Hawaii on Wednesday morning, coming back Sunday afternoon. What to do? ... Anyways, I think I am just going to get high with my buddies while she is gone.

I do not masquerade in my spare time as a preacher to high school students, but have you ruled out everything else aside from your suggestion? Unfortunately, that does seem to be "high" on the list of activities for those in your age group. Good luck to the Aztecs.

dodonutter

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2004
Deep South UK
More to life than women, trust me....

I'm not that much older than you but i have learnt through bitter experience that you can't put all your time into your girlfriend, you gotta be able to have a good time without her! oh and be able to have a good time with out getting high as well. Suppose going out and drinking in a club isn't really an option for you cos of the drinking age in the states but thats what i do instead of gettin high on anything and even that has lead to some very unfortunate incidents. Sitting in A&E (ER to you) at 3 in the morning because your friend has knocked herself out and being told to get out by a nurse because your too drunk and slurring your words is never good.

User X

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2002
Go out and have a good time with your buddies while you still can. The more you get attached to the hip with girlfreinds, the less time you spend with your freinds and before you know it your married with kids wondering what ever happened to those guys? Turn it into a positive and have fun!

Attachments

• Towelie.gif
    Towelie.gif
    235.8 KB · Views: 507

aquajet

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2005
VA
dodonutter said:
More to life than women, trust me....

I'm not that much older than you but i have learnt through bitter experience that you can't put all your time into your girlfriend, you gotta be able to have a good time without her! oh and be able to have a good time with out getting high as well.

That's so true. I watched my old roommate spiral down into the depths of hell with his girlfriend at the time. That girl was all he knew, mostly because she forbade him to have any friends. And when they got into a fight, which would occur several times a week, he would call her obsessively on the telephone until he could convince her that they needed to continue their grossly dysfunctional relationship and plunge themselves further into misery.

Not to say that your situation is like this one, of course. Just never forget about others in your life.

BTW, there's better things to do than get high. I realized that after the fog cleared, the result of seven years of non-stop use. Nothing positive can ever come out of that stuff.

Have a happy holiday:)

Macaddicttt

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2004
San Diego, CA
MacAztec said:
Sucks. Her and two of her girlfriends (and her dad) are going to Hawaii on Wednesday morning, coming back Sunday afternoon. What to do?

We have a football game on Friday against a big school, and we are currently 11-0 and are 1-0 in teh state playoffs. If we win this game, we will most likely go to the championship game, because this is a tough team.

Anyways, I think I am just going to get high with my buddies while she is gone.

Boo hoo. :rolleyes:

So your girlfriend isn't here for a weekend. Suck it up, man. I haven't seen my girlfriend for months. Jeez...

Your life is so hard. You're filthy-stinking rich (or at least your girlfriend's family is), and you're the quarterback for your high school team that is currently undefeated and in the state playoffs. I mean, come on. Do you really need to complain about your life publicly?

The holiday is Thanksgiving, not Whine About My Easy Life Day.

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
MacAztec said:
Sucks. Her and two of her girlfriends (and her dad) are going to Hawaii on Wednesday morning, coming back Sunday afternoon. What to do?

We have a football game on Friday against a big school, and we are currently 11-0 and are 1-0 in teh state playoffs. If we win this game, we will most likely go to the championship game, because this is a tough team.

Anyways, I think I am just going to get high with my buddies while she is gone.

I see you are in California, why don't you go join them? Aloha Airlines has $99 each way from California to various Hawaii destinations :)

Orange County - Maui $99
Orange County - Kona $99
Orange County - Honolulu $99
San Diego - Maui $99

http://www.alohaairlines.com/Specials.php?type=last_minute_thanksgiving

Ed

Macaddicttt

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2004
San Diego, CA
Onizuka said:
Teach me how to make mine go away for months, I BEG OF YOU!

I can tell you must have a wonderful girlfriend. :rolleyes: But here's the trick: live in San Diego, go to school in Washington, DC, and have her live in Norway.

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2004
Abstract said:
"Don't worry man, she's in a different area code."

lol, its funny how sometimes dudes get all worked up about their gfs when their really isn't anything to get worked up about

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
Koodauw said:
You still riding the bench or did you get your starting QB job back?

Still a bench warmer. Got in for the 2nd half last game, our starter got hurt. Threw 2TDs and ran one in, but the team we were playing wasnt that great. They weren't bad, but they weren't good. Not starting this week though, but I will be ready to go just incase.

Honestly, I think being a backup QB is the hardest position. You have to prepare every single week as if you were going to play, but you aren't playing. It is hard to stay motivated, but I can handle it i guess.

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
MacAztec said:
Honestly, I think being a backup QB is the hardest position. You have to prepare every single week as if you were going to play, but you aren't playing. It is hard to stay motivated, but I can handle it i guess.

not once you make it to the NFL ... and I don't agree, I think any position where you get hit regularly and still have to play the mental game is tougher than any backup ...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/jay_mohr/11/16/mohr.sports/index.html

macbaseball

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2005
Northern California
Kwyjibo said:
not once you make it to the NFL ... and I don't agree, I think any position where you get hit regularly and still have to play the mental game is tougher than any backup ...

I would have to disagree. Being a backup is much harder than being a starter because you have to be mentally prepared to go in at anytime and pay attention to the nuances of the game, whereas when someone is a start it just come naturally. For example being a pitch hitter is much more difficult than being an everyday player, because a pitch-hitter has to take advantage of the one opportunity that comes his way, wheras an everyday player has 4 plate appearances to get a rhythm.

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
macbaseball said:
I would have to disagree. Being a backup is much harder than being a starter because you have to be mentally prepared to go in at anytime and pay attention to the nuances of the game, whereas when someone is a start it just come naturally. For example being a pitch hitter is much more difficult than being an everyday player, because a pitch-hitter has to take advantage of the one opportunity that comes his way, wheras an everyday player has 4 plate appearances to get a rhythm.

I agree more in baseball than in football, your point does make sense in swinging ... does it make sense in a late inning defensive substitution ... not really. As for football, I understand the idea of having to be ready, I just don't think its as challenging as performing, I mean I think some days we undervalue the actual performance ... Its probably a personal thing but in football practices you're probably taking a few snaps every week and such. Is it harder to be a backup QB than a place kicker, I can see that. But if you're good enough to be starting then you should be, and I just think actually performing is harder than being ready to kind of perform.

G5orbust

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2002
MacAztec said:
Well, I have to disagree from experience. I started the first 3 games of our season, and did quite well. I threw for about 485 yards, 5TD, 2 INT. I threw the 2 INT in the second game, coach pulled me out, the other kid did amazing.

I lost my spot that game. Really sucks. Now, I know the importance of being ready to play, but it is hard to pay attention every week, know every play, and not get to play. Especially when I know I have the ability to start the game and win games.

Hey man, the other starter doesnt seem to be doing that poorly. Hes a little under 1700 yards passing, which is solid, but his 3/5 interception/TD ratio is poor. Maybe the coach should reevaluate the situation. Sounds like he wins games, but you know your team better than I do.

biohazard6969

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2005
toronto canada
ok, heres my two cents. go out with the guys if you got the chance....i didn't... i decided to make friends with some girls, and trust me, never try and be the "nice guy" because as always nice guys finish last, and in the end they'll all just think your rele "sweet" so, coming from someone who's been screwed over many times, for the love of god go out with the guys

G5orbust

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2002
biohazard6969 said:
ok, heres my two cents. go out with the guys if you got the chance....i didn't... i decided to make friends with some girls, and trust me, never try and be the "nice guy" because as always nice guys finish last, and in the end they'll all just think your rele "sweet" so, coming from someone who's been screwed over many times, for the love of god go out with the guys

Man, Im not sure if youre preaching to the choir here or advocating that we all go gay...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.