Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
It just occurred to me today that there is no way to save search results or any other Siri answers automatically.

I tried different commands like copy or copy and paste into notebook or notes but nothing works.

I would think that this would be an important function since many times you search for various things and you would need to save the searches in order to be able to reference back to them later.

Or am I wrong and is there way to do it then I missing?

lwapps

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2012
It just occurred to me today that there is no way to save search results or any other Siri answers automatically.

I tried different commands like copy or copy and paste into notebook or notes but nothing works.

I would think that this would be an important function since many times you search for various things and you would need to save the searches in order to be able to reference back to them later.

Or am I wrong and is there way to do it then I missing?

Really the most useful thing Siri does is perform simple tasks, such as setting alarms or reminders, as in these cases it can be much quicker.

Dominicanyor

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2012
Florida
Well I finally got Siri to work after almost two weeks without working. I called the apple care and they suggested that I reset my 4s to factory settings and then tried againg. Resetting the phone was the last option and if it did not work I was going to send my phone for repair. The thing is what would they fix if the factory reset was not going to work. The problem started when I updated to iOS 6.

----------

Well I finally got Siri to work after almost two weeks without working. I called the apple care and they suggested that I reset my 4s to factory settings and then tried againg. Resetting the phone was the last option and if it did not work I was going to send my phone for repair. The thing is what would they fix if the factory reset was not going to work. The problem started when I updated to iOS 6.
Oh and another thing is now that the factory reset was done now Siri lags a lot. When is not one thing is the other.

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
Really the most useful thing Siri does is perform simple tasks, such as setting alarms or reminders, as in these cases it can be much quicker.

Yes I know, but saving searches is in my opinion a pretty important feature. When you do Google or especially Wolfram searches there's a strong possibility you'd want to save them then do follow up searches. I honestly thought that would (should) be possible.

Arelunde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2011
CA Central Coast
Oh and another thing is now that the factory reset was done now Siri lags a lot. When is not one thing is the other.

It appears Siri is overwhelmed by all the new users. According to comments in other threads, she has been notably lagging ever since iPhone 5 got into the hands of new owners. It probably won't get better any time soon, given the international roll-out is just beginning. :rolleyes:

Dominicanyor

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2012
Florida
It appears Siri is overwhelmed by all the new users. According to comments in other threads, she has been notably lagging ever since iPhone 5 got into the hands of new owners. It probably won't get better any time soon, given the international roll-out is just beginning. :rolleyes:

you are correct about hopefully they will fix the issues.

mKTank

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
Well if it's something uber important, perhaps take a screenshot? I realize this isn't practical but it's better than nothing. Just thought I'd help.

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
Well if it's something uber important, perhaps take a screenshot? I realize this isn't practical but it's better than nothing. Just thought I'd help.

That's exactly what I did but having the ability to save it is a lot more elegant.

EDIT: DYAC:mad:

Last edited:

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
How about a Macro so you can program multiple requests. Like, you say "Good Morning Siri" and she goes "Good morning. The weather is 73degrees, you have 4 texts and 17 emails. The Cubs lost 17 to 2. Apple stock is up 900points. There is an accident on the 215. Would you like me to read your messages?"

MasterHowl

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
North of England
It would be good if simple functions that are used regularly are saved locally on the phone.

Things like "call Mum". I use this at least 3 times a day, and every time it has to figure out what I said, send it to Apple, send back the instructions to my phone, and then perform the task. Surely it wouldn't take up much storage to have this function local?

Obviously this would only work with things such as setting timers and calling people, not things where live data is needed (weather, stocks, etc)

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
How about a Macro so you can program multiple requests. Like, you say "Good Morning Siri" and she goes "Good morning. The weather is 73degrees, you have 4 texts and 17 emails. The Cubs lost 17 to 2. Apple stock is up 900points. There is an accident on the 215. Would you like me to read your messages?"

I like this idea quite a bit and I think eventually (years) it will be able to do something like this.

For now Apple, I want to SAVE my Siri searches;)

mrgraff

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
Albuquerque
I like this idea quite a bit and I think eventually (years) it will be able to do something like this.

For now Apple, I want to SAVE my Siri searches;)

Years? It could be done right now; in fact, I'd be surprised if there wasn't a jail break developer not working on it already.

HishamAkhtar

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2011
Is this on WiFi? Without more info it's difficult to say whether the problem is at your end or Apple's end.

Same here, on 3G though. You'll say something to Siri which will be followed by an awkward 15 second pause as she figures out what you're talking about.

tmanto02

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2011
Australia
Yes performance needs to be improved.

Also Siri should be able to control settings such as bluetooth and wifi.

"Turn on bluetooth" would be really handy.

GerryT

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2014
Glaring omission in Siri

I just learned that one way to keep your search results from Siri is to first say "Search google for ....". Then a page will open in Safari with all the search results which you can go back to. I do wish there was a way to save other answers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.