Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brandy-Boi

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2020
So I've been on the hunt for picking out a good screen protector, looking to upgrade to a 15PM and waiting until the release of this new blue Mous case coming soon for the Pro Max model. I've heard some screen protectors aren't universal, so I've been trying to do some research into what would hopefully fit well with it. Usually we just have Best Buy apply screen protectors but I've seen a lot of brands have handy installation trays so it doesn't look as daunting.

What are some of the best brands for screen protectors that are the simplest to install? I found a few brands that caught my attention and looking for suggestions/input:
OAproda Glass Screen Protector
ESR Armorite
Belkin Screen Force Ultra Glass 2
Zagg Invisible Shield Glass XTR3

I've also heard that Sapphire is apparently even better than glass screen protectors, I've seen a few brands float around:
Hoda
Shellrus Sapphire
Benka Glass Warrior

Sapphire Man is only for the 14 series and a few previous generations, but I see it a lot talked about. Couldn't see any announcements for the 15s.

Is Sapphire that much better? Any brands notable to look into?

F23

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2014
I've had the Belkin ones for a few years now. very happy with them and their customer service as well

Cerneka

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2023
For tempered glass, Torras is the best option currently on the market, although still not perfect. The rest either don’t come close to edge to edge or have black borders that overlap the bezel and obstruct a large portion of the screen.

Shellrus and Hoda aren’t shipping till the end of the month so no one knows how they fit yet.

dhson91

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2013
I think Torras is the best tempered glass option. I have been using Zagg invisible shield for a long time. This year I decided to try Torras and quite impressed with it.

Reactions: Ron21

mfrank29

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2017
For tempered glass, Torras is the best option currently on the market, although still not perfect. The rest either don’t come close to edge to edge or have black borders that overlap the bezel and obstruct a large portion of the screen.

Shellrus and Hoda aren’t shipping till the end of the month so no one knows how they fit yet.
Agree on Torras. I don’t know how much closer you can get to the edge of the frame and still allow for a little wiggle room for install. If it was all the way to the edge those guides they provide aren’t accurate enough for that tight a tolerance.

This is my first time ever using a screen saver after I saw micro scratches on my 15 pro max in less than a week. Never saw that happen so fast and I’ve owned every iPhone going back to the 3G.

I was able to get a flawless install with no bubbles or dust large enough to create a bubble. Under a maglight I can see like a fine grain that I think is the adhesive and is probably unavoidable.

DennisdeWit

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2016
The Netherlands

Hnn, interesting. I had the black border overlapping the bezels of my iPhone with the Torras. That’s why I’ve moved to WSKEN. I would try Torras again when they fix it.

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas

Shellrus shipped my screen protector today and so did imos. Will update on fit

Cruncher

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2010
I am still waiting for my Hoda. I was a bit disappointed with Shellrus last year with the 14PM and swapped brand. Also Shellrus will go back to the old Aligning frame and asks for 50$ shipping to europe. Then I also have to pay extra 30$ taxes. That is almost 150$ for a screen protector.

Where did you order the imos from?

Brandy-Boi

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2020
I am still waiting for my Hoda. I was a bit disappointed with Shellrus last year with the 14PM and swapped brand. Also Shellrus will go back to the old Aligning frame and asks for 50$ shipping to europe. Then I also have to pay extra 30$ taxes. That is almost 150$ for a screen protector.

Where did you order the imos from?
Is it true Hoda has a watermark on their Sapphire screens in the top left corner? Not sure what generations of protectors it happens for but heard it was there for previous phone screens

Eric.oq5

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2015
I purchased the Torras diamond 2 days ago from amazon. Doesn’t seem to block the screen anymore? I used the camera test, looking at the “L”

Attachments

• IMG_5228.jpeg
    IMG_5228.jpeg
    227.8 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_5229.jpeg
    IMG_5229.jpeg
    199.6 KB · Views: 145

Cruncher

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2010
Is it true Hoda has a watermark on their Sapphire screens in the top left corner? Not sure what generations of protectors it happens for but heard it was there for previous phone screens

Yes, it is true. Shellrus had this too before, but removed it afterwards for another authentication method.

You can see it if you hold your phone against the sun and the screen is off. You can`t see the hoda hologram while in use or so. It never bothered me and I am easily annoyed by stuff.

Brandy-Boi

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2020
Yes, it is true. Shellrus had this too before, but removed it afterwards for another authentication method.

You can see it if you hold your phone against the sun and the screen is off. You can`t see the hoda hologram while in use or so. It never bothered me and I am easily annoyed by stuff.
Going by screenshots from the product the logo does seem to be super small so it looks tolerable.

Please let me know once they arrive, never put on a screen protector myself and the installation device looks handy. Also hoping to know how tiny the new logo might be. Would rather pay for less on a Sapphire than what Shellrush offers, for that price + using an unfavorable installation device it sounds like a hassle

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.