Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

polyphenol

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 9, 2020
Wales
Lots of people nearby have Glow-Worm combi boilers with Climapro 2 remote thermostats. And they are universally hated.

What are the best options for adding the ability to control the boiler using an app or Apple's Home, or whatever?

As Climapro2 uses (so far as I am aware) standard wifi, that suggests an outside possibility that it is possible to control it directly from a device such as an iPhone. Maybe that is too optimistic and some sort of additional wifi device will need to be wired in to the boiler.

Remote control, as in controlling over the internet, is not essential. But would be good to know if that is, or is not, a feature.

Anyway, sensible options requested. And I think it's probably obvious I'm asking from the point of view of people who have at least an iPhone and a wifi broadband connection. :)

(This is in the UK - and things are often substantially different between countries.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.