Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 27, 2011
Just as the title says...

I was reading an e-mail in the Mail app, and I accidentally hit the trash can icon, which slurped up the e-mail and deleted it. I backed out, looked in the Trash, and there was nothing there. Also under the Gmail section, there is no label for trash or deleted items.

So... where did it go??? :confused:

I have since found the setting that prompts you before deleting... no idea why that is set to "off" to begin with :mad:

JamesMB

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2011
Texas
POP3 function of gmail its really a awesome function ..
Yeah, Right! POP 3 requires you to have to log into the web app to do the same thing that you do on the phone, and the two never match.
Have you tried IMAP? When set up correctly, you never have to log into your web app, unless you want to.

neko girl

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2011
You could also create an IMAP folder called Trash. This will apply the "Trash" label to messages you send there.

Sticking it in "All Mail" has the problem of you not being able to filter these deleted messages out later, since you can't say "show me all mail in All Mail that does not have a label".

I hope that made sense.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.