Going Android could damage your health

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by tekno, May 2, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

After years of owning iPhones, the frustrations, tired design and lack of customisation got the better of me and I bought a Samsung S2. And it's an awesome phone in many more ways than the iPhone. Except one...

I noticed this morning I've put on a little weight and realised I haven't been running for a couple of months. Simple reason is that I can no longer use my Nike Plus GPS app. I didn't really see just how much of a motivation the Nike Plus app was.

In the space of two months I went from running for a total of eight minutes to running 10K three or four times a week.

2. macrumors 601

eawmp1

You never needed your feather to fly.

Just do it.

3. macrumors 601

One word: cardiotrainer.

4. macrumors 65816

You must defeat Shen Long to stand a chance

5. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I loved the Cardio Trainer app on my Droid. I also used Endomondo on the Droid before I found it for the iPhone. Both actually seemed to work a lot better than the Nike+ GPS. Often Nike+GPS doesn't locate me for some reason. I'm talking about the paid app.

6. macrumors 603

Your health was damaged long ago you just did not know it. It's all in your head. ;)

7. macrumors 6502a

Its just that Android is so much more productive than IOS so now you have all that spare time to sit and watch TV :)

8. macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Stop looking for excuses to explain your laziness - use Runkeeper.

9. macrumors 65816

nefan65

Better Yet...

Put the stupid phone down, and just run. Sounds more like excuses to be lazy.

10. macrumors 603

thekev

Rather than post a troll headline, you should be ask for suggestions on what might replace the lost functionality, assuming you're sticking with Android. While I can't help in that regard, someone on here will most likely have some advice. You're just approaching it in a very bad way.

11. macrumors 604

mrsir2009

So you 'can't' exercise and have to get fat again because android doesn't have the same fitness app as iOS does? Either:

1. Get a different fitness app that is available for Android. I'm sure Nike+ isn't the only fitness app for smartphones.

2. Why do you need a fitness app to exercise anyway? Christ...