Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Assuming you can't just redownload them from a server, then the easiest way is probably to manually migrate the emails rather than convert the MBOX format to PST or whatever.

1. Create folders in Finder (maybe on your Desktop) that correspond to each folder in your email account (Inbox, Sent, and so on).
  2. Drag the emails from Entourage to the corresponding folders. You may need to do these in batches since it might have trouble with similarly named emails and very small emails.
  3. Get the folders onto the PC.
  4. Drag the contents of each folder into the corresponding folders in Outlook or Outlook Express.

I hope that helps. Do you want to move contacts over too?

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
Assuming you can't just redownload them from a server, then the easiest way is probably to manually migrate the emails rather than convert the MBOX format to PST or whatever.

1. Create folders in Finder (maybe on your Desktop) that correspond to each folder in your email account (Inbox, Sent, and so on).
  2. Drag the emails from Entourage to the corresponding folders. You may need to do these in batches since it might have trouble with similarly named emails and very small emails.
  3. Get the folders onto the PC.
  4. Drag the contents of each folder into the corresponding folders in Outlook or Outlook Express.

I hope that helps. Do you want to move contacts over too?

For several gigabytes of emails? You cannot be serious!

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
You're right. That was a joke. What you really have to do is find the Migrate Everything Back From OSX To Windows XP For Me button. On most PCs it's by the Why The Hell Am I Using This Piece Of Junk button and it'll be abbreviated to simply MEBFOSKTWKPFM where the K represents an X which is an otherwise illegal character. You're switching back to Windows. Nobody said it'd be easy. :p

I haven't tried this, but it might be easier to import the emails into Thunderbird and then back to Outlook... I dunno if it'll work but it might be something to look into.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.