Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 9, 2002
USA_WA
I'm looking for a good 15" LCD for my 12" PowerBook.

I've been looking at the Samsung 152t

I can get it for around $280, which seems like a good deal, considering the features on this display.

Viewable Image Size:_15"
_
Brightness (Typical):_350 cd/m2

Contrast Ratio:_450:1
_
Viewing Angle (H/V):_160/150 (degrees)

Interface:_Analog/Digital
_
Horiz. Frequency:_30-61 (kHz)

Max/Native Resolution:_1024x768
_
Emissions Standard:_TCO '03

Available Color(s):_Black,Silver
_
Special Features:_Dual CPU input, new slim design, retractable base, wall mount included.

Please tell me if you think this is a good display. It's within my price range, and has a higher contrast ratio, brightness, and viewing angle than most other 15" LCD's. Even though my 12" PowerBook doesn't have DVI, if I get a new computer, it'll come in handy.

Please post with comments and advice. Thanks!

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
i have always heard very good things about samsung LCDs, i must say. have you considered a refurb'd 15 inch apple display, or is that way too much?

also, why didn't you just get a 15 inch powerbook if you wanted a 15 inch display? :p :D

MacFan25

macrumors 68000
Jan 5, 2003
USA
wow, only $280. that seems like a really good price. or maybe i am just thinking of how much apple displays cost! :D

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
it doesnt seem good to me. I have a gateways LCD which I love, and it was selling for $360 a while back. Go to dealmac.com to get good LCD prices.

The refurbed apple 15" sounds like a good idea too.

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
Originally posted by scem0
it doesnt seem good to me. I have a gateways LCD which I love, and it was selling for $360 a while back. Go to dealmac.com to get good LCD prices.
i wouldn't go on the prices of others too much though. you really have to take a look at this LCD on its own. it seems to have pretty good specs, and this is a really good company that is putting it out. i recommend finding it at best buy or compusa (looks common enough to be found there) and checking it out in person. you really need to do this to get a feel for the looks.

gotohamish

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2001
BKLN
Re: Good 15" LCD

Originally posted by G4scott
I'm looking for a good 15" LCD for my 12" PowerBook.

I've been looking at the Samsung 152t

I can get it for around $280, which seems like a good deal, considering the features on this display.

Please tell me if you think this is a good display. It's within my price range, and has a higher contrast ratio, brightness, and viewing angle than most other 15" LCD's. Even though my 12" PowerBook doesn't have DVI, if I get a new computer, it'll come in handy.

Please post with comments and advice. Thanks!

That looks like a good deal if it has DVI as well as VGA - the difference is very noticable, and even though you'll only be using the VGA analog and not the DVI port, you have the option there should you ever use it with a tower in the future.

I think Samsung make Apple's LCDs too - though I could be wrong...:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.