Good program for batch thumbnail creation?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Diomedes, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Diomedes macrumors 6502

I am looking for some recommendations on apps that can batch create thumbnails for images, instead of having the booooring Preview icon. I use QuickImage, but I was wondering if there was something where I could, say, drag and drop a batch of images and have the thumbnails created.

Much thanks!!

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

3. mouchoir macrumors 6502a

If you already own adobe photoshop, you can create contact sheets via
    file - automate - contact sheet. All you then have to do is choose a folder of images to make thumbnails of.

4. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

So how can you use Photoshop to batch all your photos so they will have image icons in the finder? There must be a way. Is it as simple as just having Photoshop open and close each file?

5. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

When I import my photos, I have Image Capture set up in the Preferences to automatically embed a preview. I don't know if that's what you want to do or not, but its rather nice.

6. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

Yeah, that's fine for digis, but I get photos from all sorts of sources besides my camera. I need to be able to batch a folder of images so that 'shazaaam' they all have image icons.

7. railthinner macrumors regular

I used to use Graphic Converter to do this. Apparently it comes on some systems. Check it out.

In PS you go under file/automate...
    You can record an action to batch just about anything you want to do or use the preset web photo gallery or contact sheet