Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Diomedes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
San Francisco
I am looking for some recommendations on apps that can batch create thumbnails for images, instead of having the booooring Preview icon. I use QuickImage, but I was wondering if there was something where I could, say, drag and drop a batch of images and have the thumbnails created.

Much thanks!!

mouchoir

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2004
London, UK
If you already own adobe photoshop, you can create contact sheets via
file - automate - contact sheet. All you then have to do is choose a folder of images to make thumbnails of.

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
So how can you use Photoshop to batch all your photos so they will have image icons in the finder? There must be a way. Is it as simple as just having Photoshop open and close each file?

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
When I import my photos, I have Image Capture set up in the Preferences to automatically embed a preview. I don't know if that's what you want to do or not, but its rather nice.

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
Yeah, that's fine for digis, but I get photos from all sorts of sources besides my camera. I need to be able to batch a folder of images so that 'shazaaam' they all have image icons.

railthinner

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2002
I used to use Graphic Converter to do this. Apparently it comes on some systems. Check it out.

In PS you go under file/automate...
You can record an action to batch just about anything you want to do or use the preset web photo gallery or contact sheet

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.