Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

damienvfx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 28, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
Hi. I am just trying to find a good task tracking program that I could use on the fly. Basically I want to be able to add tasks and check off tasks, pretty simple. A word processor doesn't really seem to cut it as I can not tell what has been completed and what hasn't.

Is there a way to do this in iCal maybe?

ChickenSwartz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2006
Hi. I am just trying to find a good task tracking program that I could use on the fly. Basically I want to be able to add tasks and check off tasks, pretty simple. A word processor doesn't really seem to cut it as I can not tell what has been completed and what hasn't.

Is there a way to do this in iCal maybe?

Stickies (the program)? This is what I use.

d wade

macrumors 65816
Jun 27, 2006
Boca Raton, FL
iProcrastinate

i like iprocrastinate.. but it has a really annoying feature that needs to be fixed asap! whenever u close the window (not the application) -- you cant get the window to come back up. u have to then quit the program and reopen it. quite a hassle and VERY annoying. please fix this!!

Dynamyk

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2005
Toronto
i like iprocrastinate.. but it has a really annoying feature that needs to be fixed asap! whenever u close the window (not the application) -- you cant get the window to come back up. u have to then quit the program and reopen it. quite a hassle and VERY annoying. please fix this!!

Just press Apple Button + N and ur screen will come back up

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I haven't tried this in iProcrastinate, but also typically when you have an app open but there are no open windows of the application, clicking it's dock icon (while it is still running) will cause a window to open. E.G. if Firefox or Safari is open without a window, doing this is the same as Apple-N. Same for Mail, Adium, iTunes, etc, etc. So probably true in iProcrastinate. And generally good to know about OS X. :)

lieutenant

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2008
I use this small application: lazydrone.szakal.org
It works on both platforms, and it's really easy to use. No signup, no extra administration of projects. You type a username and a password and your account is created. It can be used online, but i use the standalone version, because i can better find it among a lot of opened windows. Task tracking isn't a big deal. It doesn't require huge applications to manage your tracking data. It seems, this app doesn't want to be more, really just a small tasktracker.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.