Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hesdeadjim

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
Washington, DC
I found this interesting, I don't know if it was known before or not (a quick search of the forums did not result in anything). Nevertheless, if you want to search for Apple/Mac related items, just use Google Mac and it gives you only Mac stuff. Pretty nice for looking for software, articles, t-shirts, etc.

hesdeadjim

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
Washington, DC
So what

aethier said:
that is really really old. they also have google microsoft, linux, and if you speak klingon, you could use google in klingon...

Well, I knew about Klingon and other google things like this, but I never knew of one for Mac. Besides, I did do a search of the forums and couldn't find anything so it may not be widely known.

And now for my rant, I just dispise when people say "it's really, really old" so it's not worth posting. I know it's frustrating to read something about a 1000 times, but just cause it has been mentioned before doesn't mean it's not worth restating. I didn't know about it, and the first person who responded didn't which at least makes it useful for us. And I'm sure many other people have never seen it. It just comes off insulting and maybe snobish. One way to go around this is to say, yeah, this is been around about a year or two, but it's interesting to see again. This is much easier for the guy who started the thread. This isn't really aimed at you in particular by the way, you just happened to post in this thread.

iDM

macrumors 6502a
Niether did I, i love reading about cool things on the net.

Lets just say this is a really really old post, if i had never read about it, how would i know to even search macrumors to see if it existed? Had he not mentioned Google Mac i never would have known/thought to look for it, thanks for posting!

hesdeadjim

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
Washington, DC
Exactly

iDM said:
Niether did I, i love reading about cool things on the net.

Lets just say this is a really really old post, if i had never read about it, how would i know to even search macrumors to see if it existed? Had he not mentioned Google Mac i never would have known/thought to look for it, thanks for posting!

Exactly my point, especially poignant considering how many newbies we have.

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
hesdeadjim said:
And now for my rant, I just dispise when people say "it's really, really old" so it's not worth posting. I know it's frustrating to read something about a 1000 times, but just cause it has been mentioned before doesn't mean it's not worth restating. I didn't know about it, and the first person who responded didn't which at least makes it useful for us. And I'm sure many other people have never seen it. It just comes off insulting and maybe snobish. One way to go around this is to say, yeah, this is been around about a year or two, but it's interesting to see again. This is much easier for the guy who started the thread. This isn't really aimed at you in particular by the way, you just happened to post in this thread.

I couldn't agree with you more. Thanks for the find and for sharing it with us.

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
l'Allemagne
Yeah, I won't complain because it's old news but find it nice for newbies who didn't know about this, I use google mac a lot. :)

g4cubed

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2004
You and me both.

pubwvj said:
It may be old but I bet a lot of people don't know about it. I didn't and I've been using Google since the beginning. :)
Thanks for the post. And don't sweat the flamers. ;)

PaRaGoNViCtiM

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2005
PA
aethier said:
that is really really old. they also have google microsoft, linux, and if you speak klingon, you could use google in klingon...
OMG! Some of these people on this forum are so rude.

aethier

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2003
Montréal, Canada
hesdeadjim said:
Well, I knew about Klingon and other google things like this, but I never knew of one for Mac. Besides, I did do a search of the forums and couldn't find anything so it may not be widely known.

some people are just too emotional...

anyways you are better using normal google or google suggest (which i find the most useful). when you use google mac you have less results, as they are filtered. so using regular google is still better.

sorry if real life is too tough for you. you better hope your parents basement has a nice space for you, as when you are 30 you will still be living with them, if things as pathetic as online forums make you cry at night.

hesdeadjim

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
Washington, DC
aethier said:
some people are just too emotional...

anyways you are better using normal google or google suggest (which i find the most useful). when you use google mac you have less results, as they are filtered. so using regular google is still better.

sorry if real life is too tough for you. you better hope your parents basement has a nice space for you, as when you are 30 you will still be living with them, if things as pathetic as online forums make you cry at night.

Wow.... I went and reread some of my old posts and I didn't see this response. I wasn't being emotional, I was stating that it's a pet peeve of mine. And for your information, my parents don't have a basement so :p

Nevertheless, your post didn't make me "cry at night" nor did I feel threatened, I was just annoyed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.