Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OrangeCuse44

macrumors 65832
Original poster
Oct 25, 2006
Im posting from my brand new MacBook i just got today. I was a life long windows user up until now, it feels good.

Romulus

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2006
Congratulations... This is my first mac too, got it the first day it came out... Get Adium beta, which will replace Trillian for you... OnyX is free and acts like Norton Utilities for Mac. I used Firefox for a while, but now switched to OmniWeb which is supposedly the fastest browser for Mac. Firefox is supposed to be pretty slow as it does not take advantage of WebKit in OS X, but I felt like Firefox was faster. Play with iPhoto which is an improved version of MS Photo Manager coming in XP.

You are gonna love it...

OrangeCuse44

macrumors 65832
Original poster
Oct 25, 2006
Very well put. Thanks for the software advice, if you have more to add, feel free!

phungy

macrumors 68020
Dec 5, 2006
FL/NY/TX
I would welcome you but I'm not a Mac owner (yet) but welcome anyways :p . 6 more days til I can order!

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
check out this thread and look for more with suggestions for cool apps to use on your new Mac.

Encanto

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2006
San Diego, CA
Hello everyone. First of all I want to thank all the people that makes Macrumors.com possible. If it wasnt for you all, I would have never made the change from the dark side. I just got my MBP, all I have to say is WOW! I love my MBP. I have had four windows notebook in the last 4 years and they always crashed on me. Anyways, thank you so much for al the info posted on here daily.

MykullMyerz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2006
Washington, D.C.
Hello everyone. First of all I want to thank all the people that makes Macrumors.com possible. If it wasnt for you all, I would have never made the change from the dark side. I just got my MBP, all I have to say is WOW! I love my MBP. I have had four windows notebook in the last 4 years and they always crashed on me. Anyways, thank you so much for al the info posted on here daily.

Yea, I just got my MBP a couple days go. It's amazing!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.