Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

varsis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 30, 2005
So long story short, I brought laptop in for anomalies in the screen random colors when opening the lid etc... They were unable to find any hardware issues. They suggested issue was due to me using the developer version of 10.10. Fast forward to today, have most of my stuff reinstalled wanted to test it out, so I load up diablo and I get these annoying lines across the screen up and down. Seems like the GPU can't keep up, so I set the resolution to 1080p, and low on everything. Can keep the FPS around 35-40, but I'm still getting the lines.

Below are some videos on my external monitor, it's a lot more noticeable on the monitor than the built in display, but it does occur on the internal display. Is this the GPU on it's way out? Im still under warranty for another month, it's really noticeable at times. Only seems to happen when the GPU is heavily loaded.

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
Bumping threads is against the forum rules.

What year and model MBP, exactly?

Without that nobody can really help you.

varsis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 30, 2005
Bumping threads is against the forum rules.

What year and model MBP, exactly?

Without that nobody can really help you.
2012 rMbp with 650m gpu, 15".
This is the first gen with the recall on them...

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
Then it should even be a question in your mind. Bring it in for the recall.

varsis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 30, 2005
Well looked into it a bit more seems like it is screen tearing. (I just got my laptop back from apple they said nothing was wrong but I'm sure they've been wrong)

varsis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 30, 2005
Ok so I got these videos, have had my laptop back from apple, clean install but it seems to freeze up and I get the pixelated screen sometimes from sleep. Goes away after a second or so.

here is something that comes up during a gpu test:

start at 28 seconds

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.