Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xraydoc

Contributor
Original poster
Oct 9, 2005
Just bought this from Amazon. Delivered yesterday. I'm extremely satisfied with it.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AU6R3ZI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Smart wake/sleep functions well. Very sturdy and light. The brown color, which is what I purchased, is quite sharp and professional looking. The edges/corners of the iPad are protected but the edges of the case are flush with the glass - no lip - so dust and such can't accumulate along the edges, making screen cleaning easy. Speakers are not blocked. And folds exactly the same ways as the Apple Smart Cover for typing and viewing.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Looks like a good one. Just ordered it. Thanks

EDIT: Just got it. Really excellent! Very sturdy, slim fit and great looking. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Reactions: xraydoc

dannyar

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2007
Ordered this yesterday based on your post and it arrived today. Can safely say that this case is excellent. Best on ive ever tried for the IPP. Top quality. perfect cutout and seams all around, sleep wake feature works as advertised as well as all stand modes. Buttons added to case feel super responsive and you can tell the case is quality stuff. Love the fact that there is no lip that comes over the sides or top of ipad as it sits perfectly flush with the ipad. Has a nice smell to it right out of the box. Definitely worth the price. Would sell for 60-70$ easy if it were at apple store.

Reactions: xraydoc

Jacoblee23

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2011
How does this compare to the apple Smart Cover and silicone case combo? Need Input please.

dannyar

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2007
How does this compare to the apple Smart Cover and silicone case combo? Need Input please.
weighs less, much slimmer profile, much better materials and higher end look. more options for stand modes. stronger magnets for cover. screen sits flush around the bezels of the case instead of the raised lip on the silicone case. Definitely the best case ive tried for the pro and ive tried many combinations.

Jacoblee23

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2011
weighs less, much slimmer profile, much better materials and higher end look. more options for stand modes. stronger magnets for cover. screen sits flush around the bezels of the case instead of the raised lip on the silicone case. Definitely the best case ive tried for the pro and ive tried many combinations.

Thank you for the reply. I am going to get one for my pro! Any idea if they make the same one for the air 2 as well? I want one for my air 2 also.

fenjen

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2012
The link is definitely not working correctly. Anyone got a new link or just the name of the case? All your comments have got me intrigued now.

Reactions: Shark5150

minicard

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2014
Oregon
Just tried the link and it works. Ordered one since the price is reasonable! Will arrive in 2 days!

GrindedDown

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2009
Las Vegas
This case looks pretty darn good. I have the apple smart case and cover combo. I really like it, but there are just a few things That sorta irk my. Having a more stable platform with more angles for the ipp looks like a big plus with this case. Only thing id miss with apple is being able to easily detach the cover.

Anyone else have some thoughts about this case vs apple combo? Also, how easy is it to remove the case and put it back on?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.