Great price on iMac G5

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jrbsman, Jan 29, 2006.

1. jrbsman macrumors member

I will inform you right away that I am an employee of Best Buy and am not trying to draw your business there but am just giving anyone interested a heads up. While supplies last Best Buy is selling intel iMacs at the same price as Apple but are offering the 20 inch iMac G5 at $1799, a $200 discount which Apple isn't giving. So if you still want to be able to run your programs on a fast PPC computer then check the store out.

2. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

Seems to be available in Bestbuy Canada as well, discounted 17 (CDN$1399.95) and 20inch (CDN$1799.95) iMac G5's.

3. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

the 20 inch imac G5 at apple is 1699. what am i missing?

4. jrbsman thread starter macrumors member

This is for Canada

This is in reference to Canada only, not sure about the USA.

5. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

have money burning a hole in my pocket and I dont wanna be tempted by an imac. I just will have to avoid my bestbuy and bestbuy.ca for a while......*sigh*

6. cursive macrumors newbie

i just bought a refreshed / demo 17" G5 imac (isight) for $800 last night from an apple store (LA)! i had to double check and check on ebay to see if something's not clicking.

and too boot, i went home, plugged it in and found that it had 1.5 gb of ram installed!

the store rep said they have a 'firesale' at the end of each month. but they're totally dropping the prices on these refreshed machines. the sticker price said $1000, but on the updated price list it had it at 800. the older imacs are even less, 700, and 750. but i'm sure they are in limited supply. i bought the only one from that store. there were some 20" ones, but i didn't bother asking the price for those.

i've been looking online all over but i cant find any mention of it.

7. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

Sweet deal...