Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blue07

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2008
Does anyone have this (2010 version)?

I have it peordered on amazon; it seems like it is available directly from griffin at the full price of $50.

I'm wondering if the new version is fully compatible with the iPhone or if it still will give the "not optimized" warning.

wpc

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2009
Canada
I just got one from Amazon... has a product code of 6318-ATOPLTIP. It appears to be from 2009, although Amazon says it's the most recent one available (here in the UK). Tried it this morning but just plugging it into my iPhone4 - haven't got my car with me today to test it out fully - but I immediately got a message saying 'This accessory is not optimised for this iPhone'. I sometimes get this with my TomTom, but it generally works fine.

blue07

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2008
finally got mine

I finally got mine from Amazon. Not sure about the product code...under the UPC bar code is a GRIFFIN P/N of GC17048. The package states it is compatible with the iPhone 3Gs and lower models.

Works well with my iPhone 4 through Aux-In on my factory stereo. The iPhone doesn't display any warning messages at all. Charges fine, music sounds good; no GSM interference so far.

My wife uses also one with her iPhone 4 through a tape deck adaptor - the Sony CPA-9C - with good results.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.