Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cb911

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
Hi all,

I've just installed Growl and Synergy, was getting sick of having to bring iTunes to the front just to pause a song. I've also got GrowlTunes which displays the song when it changes.

But previously I had set a hotkey so I could get Growl to show the currently playing song. But now I can't find this option? Does anyone know how I can do that?

Help is very much appreciated. I know I had this working before, I just can't remember exactly what I had to do to get it working. :)

sreedy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2005
Somerset
cb911 said:
Hi all,

I've just installed Growl and Synergy, was getting sick of having to bring iTunes to the front just to pause a song. I've also got GrowlTunes which displays the song when it changes.

But previously I had set a hotkey so I could get Growl to show the currently playing song. But now I can't find this option? Does anyone know how I can do that?

Help is very much appreciated. I know I had this working before, I just can't remember exactly what I had to do to get it working. :)

I installed this two apps seperately but for me the hot key to get the current song is set as the floater in the synergy preferences. Not sure if the helps you!

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
BXL
I use the applescripts that you get when downloading GrowlTunes, and Quicksilver to invoke them.
ctrl-cmd-,
show current playing song (music video style)
ctrl-cmd-0/5
rate current plating song

I use Bytecontroller to control iTunes
ctrl-cmd-space
plat/pauze
ctrl-cmd-left/right
previous/next
ctrl-cmd-up/down
iTunes volume

So you should just assign a hotkey to one of the applescripts you get with GrowlTunes.

Cheers

cb911

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
hrm, that sounds familiar sreedy. but I set the hotkey for "Show Growl Notification" but that just shows a Synergy notification, not a GrowlTunes notification that has artwork and rating info.

and now I think i've messed it up more. :( when the song changes it shows the Synergy notification, then right after that it shows the GrowlTunes notification, which is the one I want.

redeye be - do those scripts show the song rating?

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
BXL
cb911 said:
redeye be - do those scripts show the song rating?
The script tells GrowlTunes to show it's pane.
Check the GrowlTunes download, they are in there somewhere.
Edit: you can find them in the Growl dmg, under Scripts/iTunes/Ratings

This is what i see when i ctrl-cmd-,.

cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.