Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vitruvius

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2002
Caracas, Venezuela
this is not supposed to be exactly a PDA, its more like Multimedia Station u can Play Movies, Listening MP3's but also can imput sound from an external microphone and mix it or movies from an FireWire camera, edit it and Burn them ( yes its circular form it is cause it is the size of the minimun Combo drive unit, so u opened like a Walkman and put a blank CD into it) also no keyboard just a Pen an Inwell on a sensitive screen. i really dont like the "iWalk" name but all my imagination went into modeling the thing

hope youll like it :D

the model was done in Form•Z and rendered in Cinema 4D and final retouches in Photoshop

Attachments

• iwalk2.jpg
    iwalk2.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 2,152

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
looks pretty good!

Your pretty good at that. Do you do that for a living? I like how thescreen is slightly discolord like the way a small LCD would be at an agle like that.

-evildead

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
At least you don't pretend that it is something that Apple will be releasing at MWNY... :p

Send that to Spymac and they will probably claim that it will be coming out at MWNY, list a price, and tell everyone to get ready to purchase it. Foolish mortals.

BTW, nice modeling job... :D To make it even more realistic, you might want to use some torx head screws in the construction... :D... Apple is using a lot of T8, T9 and T10 size screws.

vitruvius

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2002
Caracas, Venezuela
Shhhh...

Originally posted by AlphaTech
At least you don't pretend that it is something that Apple will be releasing at MWNY... :p

Send that to Spymac and they will probably claim that it will be coming out at MWNY, list a price, and tell everyone to get ready to purchase it. Foolish mortals.

well... i modeled based on some secret plans that a friend of my sister's mother in law who is married with some cousin of Jonathan Ive secretly photocopied for me... but hey!! don't tell anyone... :D

vitruvius

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2002
Caracas, Venezuela
Re: looks pretty good!

Originally posted by evildead
Your pretty good at that. Do you do that for a living? I like how thescreen is slightly discolord like the way a small LCD would be at an agle like that.

-evildead

hey! thx ,yes i work on 3D as one of my income sources , and on the screen dicoloration, thats nice that someone noticed it!!

Dr. Distortion

macrumors regular
May 2, 2002
Eindhoven, the Netherlands

Hmm, would apple give us Surfers Serials with it? (Look for the skull in the dock...)

laf.

-Dr. D.

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2002

BTW, nice modeling job... :D To make it even more realistic, you might want to use some torx head screws in the construction... :D... Apple is using a lot of T8, T9 and T10 size screws.

You forget the most important part; secretly Apple has had Mot. producing masses of low level G5s which will be used in the iWalk.

Ouroboros

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2002
Oakland, CA
Didn't you hear the latest!? The G5 is actually going in the iPods, the iPod II's!! They skipped a whole chip for the PMac's and went straight to the G6! I've got a link around here somewhere...

G5orbust

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2002
haha, i think this might be the first iwalk thread eye actually tolerates. Nice 3d modeling job. i wish i was all pro like u, but, we all cant be perfect.
:p . if that actually existed, it could give microsoft's upcoming tablet pc a run for its money.

Nice job again!!!!

G5orbust

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2002
Originally posted by Ouroboros
Didn't you hear the latest!? The G5 is actually going in the iPods, the iPod II's!! They skipped a whole chip for the PMac's and went straight to the G6! I've got a link around here somewhere...

what a BS post, and u posted it in the wrong place. Please read the thread name before posting.

vitruvius

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2002
Caracas, Venezuela
Originally posted by billiam0878
That's a really cool mock-up vitruvius, about how long did it take to make?

Bill

it was about 10 hours to model it and about 2 to get the righ angle, lightning and materials and render it. it is suposed to be opened and show the CD-RW compartment but im still working on it, maybe i can generate a nice QuickTime clip. Thx for your coment:)

Gelfin

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2001
Denver, CO
Very nice... I'm glad you acknowledge that the name "iWalk" is intensely stupid. I didn't see that at first and I was wondering why oh god WHY you kept that name. :)

If the thing is supposed to be about the size of a portable unit like IOMega's "Predator" drive, then that screen would be awfully small. I was picturing it as something about the size of a small frisbee or a largish salad plate, maybe 9" in diameter. I assume, then, that the dark gray area at the top of the unit is supposed to be the hinge for the optical drive?

Ouroboros

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2002
Oakland, CA
Originally posted by G5orbust

what a BS post, and u posted it in the wrong place. Please read the thread name before posting.

It would be BS if I was telling the truth. However I guess you didn't get the humor.... How you didn't get it I have no idea.

yogi477

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2002
England
Originally posted by G4scott
Nice. I like the surfers serials part!

What is happening with that now that it's not going to be updated anymore does anybody know? Will anyone take up the reigns?

vitruvius

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2002
Caracas, Venezuela
Originally posted by Gelfin
Very nice... I'm glad you acknowledge that the name "iWalk" is intensely stupid. I didn't see that at first and I was wondering why oh god WHY you kept that name. :)

If the thing is supposed to be about the size of a portable unit like IOMega's "Predator" drive, then that screen would be awfully small. I was picturing it as something about the size of a small frisbee or a largish salad plate, maybe 9" in diameter. I assume, then, that the dark gray area at the top of the unit is supposed to be the hinge for the optical drive?

i imagine that it should be about 7 1/2" diameter with a screen of 6", since it was made for specifically control multimedia aplication and no exaclty a complete version of OSX (even if i used an OSX image for it), and yes that chrome thing at the top is the hinge for the optical drive and small holes in front are for I/O analog audio. i have my doubts of if it is posible to fit in such small enclosure, the processor ( incluiding some acceptable GPU) ,the battery, a nice HD and the combo drive, but hey, it is my Dream!
as for the name, following the Apple tendency of minimal designs maybe i should call that just "i" :p

vitruvius

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2002
Caracas, Venezuela
here's an Updated one

heres an Updated One,

im guess im bored, and missing Big Rumors so i creating ones to enjoy it myself:p

by the way if u see on the left side theres some hole where Ports are suposed to go, im modeling the ports right now, so what kind of ports would u expect in device like this?

Attachments

• iwhatever.jpg
    iwhatever.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 1,396

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Originally posted by vitruvius
im guess im bored, and missing Big Rumors so i creating ones to enjoy it myself:p

by the way if u see on the left side theres some hole where Ports are suposed to go, im modeling the ports right now, so what kind of ports would u expect in device like this?

I think you are a bit more bored than you guessed... :D

For ports, you've got to have an audio mini-jack and Firewire.

I can tell you are even more bored than that, since you resurrected a dying thread! :eek: :cool:

vitruvius

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2002
Caracas, Venezuela
Originally posted by King Cobra

I think you are a bit more bored than you guessed... :D

For ports, you've got to have an audio mini-jack and Firewire.

I can tell you are even more bored than that, since you resurrected a dying thread! :eek: :cool:

Damn! i was shure nobody would notice it! :D

it's Alive!! it's Alive.. -Dr. Frankenstein.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.