Guess what? another iWalk MockUp

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by vitruvius, Jun 27, 2002.

1. vitruvius macrumors regular

this is not supposed to be exactly a PDA, its more like Multimedia Station u can Play Movies, Listening MP3's but also can imput sound from an external microphone and mix it or movies from an FireWire camera, edit it and Burn them ( yes its circular form it is cause it is the size of the minimun Combo drive unit, so u opened like a Walkman and put a blank CD into it) also no keyboard just a Pen an Inwell on a sensitive screen. i really dont like the "iWalk" name but all my imagination went into modeling the thing

hope youll like it :D

the model was done in Form•Z and rendered in Cinema 4D and final retouches in Photoshop

Attached Files:

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Damn! U r really good with those 3D appz, nice work!

3. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

looks pretty good!

Your pretty good at that. Do you do that for a living? I like how thescreen is slightly discolord like the way a small LCD would be at an agle like that.

-evildead

4. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

At least you don't pretend that it is something that Apple will be releasing at MWNY... :p

Send that to Spymac and they will probably claim that it will be coming out at MWNY, list a price, and tell everyone to get ready to purchase it. Foolish mortals.

BTW, nice modeling job... :D To make it even more realistic, you might want to use some torx head screws in the construction... :D... Apple is using a lot of T8, T9 and T10 size screws.

5. vitruvius thread starter macrumors regular

Shhhh...

well... i modeled based on some secret plans that a friend of my sister's mother in law who is married with some cousin of Jonathan Ive secretly photocopied for me... but hey!! don't tell anyone... :D

6. vitruvius thread starter macrumors regular

Re: looks pretty good!

hey! thx ,yes i work on 3D as one of my income sources , and on the screen dicoloration, thats nice that someone noticed it!!

7. Dr. Distortion macrumors regular

Hmm, would apple give us Surfers Serials with it? (Look for the skull in the dock...)

laf.

-Dr. D.

8. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

ok...I'll give props to this one...

at least it's not some shameless plug for those stupid movies :rolleyes:

btw...nice work man ;)

9. madamimadam macrumors 65816

madamimadam

You forget the most important part; secretly Apple has had Mot. producing masses of low level G5s which will be used in the iWalk.

10. Ouroboros macrumors member

Didn't you hear the latest!? The G5 is actually going in the iPods, the iPod II's!! They skipped a whole chip for the PMac's and went straight to the G6! I've got a link around here somewhere...

11. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

haha, i think this might be the first iwalk thread eye actually tolerates. Nice 3d modeling job. i wish i was all pro like u, but, we all cant be perfect.
    :p . if that actually existed, it could give microsoft's upcoming tablet pc a run for its money.

Nice job again!!!!

12. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

what a BS post, and u posted it in the wrong place. Please read the thread name before posting.

13. sjs macrumors 6502

Nice!

If you are really good, make it show a QT movie!!

14. billiam0878 macrumors 6502

That's a really cool mock-up vitruvius, about how long did it take to make?

Bill

15. Rajj macrumors 6502a

Rajj

16. vitruvius thread starter macrumors regular

it was about 10 hours to model it and about 2 to get the righ angle, lightning and materials and render it. it is suposed to be opened and show the CD-RW compartment but im still working on it, maybe i can generate a nice QuickTime clip. Thx for your coment:)

17. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

18. coolocity macrumors regular

Nice work - wish I had the time to design my iHardDrive. Or maybe I should call it iDrive, just not iHard :D

19. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Very nice... I'm glad you acknowledge that the name "iWalk" is intensely stupid. I didn't see that at first and I was wondering why oh god WHY you kept that name. :)

If the thing is supposed to be about the size of a portable unit like IOMega's "Predator" drive, then that screen would be awfully small. I was picturing it as something about the size of a small frisbee or a largish salad plate, maybe 9" in diameter. I assume, then, that the dark gray area at the top of the unit is supposed to be the hinge for the optical drive?

20. Ouroboros macrumors member

It would be BS if I was telling the truth. However I guess you didn't get the humor.... How you didn't get it I have no idea.

21. yogi477 macrumors regular

What is happening with that now that it's not going to be updated anymore does anybody know? Will anyone take up the reigns?

22. vitruvius thread starter macrumors regular

i imagine that it should be about 7 1/2" diameter with a screen of 6", since it was made for specifically control multimedia aplication and no exaclty a complete version of OSX (even if i used an OSX image for it), and yes that chrome thing at the top is the hinge for the optical drive and small holes in front are for I/O analog audio. i have my doubts of if it is posible to fit in such small enclosure, the processor ( incluiding some acceptable GPU) ,the battery, a nice HD and the combo drive, but hey, it is my Dream!
    as for the name, following the Apple tendency of minimal designs maybe i should call that just "i" :p

23. vitruvius thread starter macrumors regular

here's an Updated one

heres an Updated One,

im guess im bored, and missing Big Rumors so i creating ones to enjoy it myself:p

by the way if u see on the left side theres some hole where Ports are suposed to go, im modeling the ports right now, so what kind of ports would u expect in device like this?

Attached Files:

24. King Cobra macrumors 603

I think you are a bit more bored than you guessed... :D

For ports, you've got to have an audio mini-jack and Firewire.

I can tell you are even more bored than that, since you resurrected a dying thread! :eek: :cool:

25. vitruvius thread starter macrumors regular

Damn! i was shure nobody would notice it! :D

it's Alive!! it's Alive.. -Dr. Frankenstein.