Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gerryhatrick

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2015
Just replace in '/System/Library/Frameworks/' the folder 'OpenCL.framework' as well as 'OpenGL.framework' with the patched versions which can be found in Post #3670 or Post #3741. The solution from Post #4223 might also work. Make sure that the symbolic links are extracted, works e.g. with 'The Unarchiver.app'.

Maybe the solution from Post #4053 might help.

Thanks for all the help guys. Bluetooth fix worked but haven't solved lack of scrolling with Magic Mouse or weird glitch in pairing yet but working on it!

OS 9 Classic

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2015
Drivers

Hello, I have a iMac Late 2006 :rolleyes: .. Where can i find the Kext for the Graphics Card (Ati Radeon X1600) :confused: and if there full acceleration :eek: .. Also would Mountain Lion be fully functional :p ??

atvusr

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2010
Drivers

Hello, I have a iMac Late 2006 :rolleyes: .. Where can i find the Kext for the Graphics Card (Ati Radeon X1600) :confused: and if there full acceleration :eek: .. Also would Mountain Lion be fully functional :p ??

Have a look one page before: Post #4246 - a fully functional Mountain Lion with full acceleration for X1600 machines .... ;)

Gerryhatrick

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2015
Thanks for all the help guys. Bluetooth fix worked but haven't solved lack of scrolling with Magic Mouse or weird glitch in pairing yet but working on it!

Nearly there!

Solved the Magic Mouse scrolling issue by reinstalling using MLPF and patching with the kext/OpenGl/OpenCL files found in the 10.8.5-64-X1600.7z file link found in post 3663 rather than the kext files found in Hack ML.

Only remaining problem is that both installs/patches resulted in loss of icons from finder menu right hand side, (spotlight etc) and all toolbars. Toolbars have featureless rectangular boxes; text still appears if you hover mouse pointer over them. Spotlight etc has a faint skeletal outline of the icon.

Are icons controlled by a kext file or some other feature which has been disabled by patching?

atvusr

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2010
Only remaining problem is that both installs/patches resulted in loss of icons from finder menu right hand side, (spotlight etc) and all toolbars. Toolbars have featureless rectangular boxes; text still appears if you hover mouse pointer over them. Spotlight etc has a faint skeletal outline of the icon.

Make sure that the replaced OpenCL/GL Framework folders contain the symbolic links (the Icons must have a black arrow on the lower left side) e.g. for 'Headers', 'Libraries', 'OpenCL', 'Resources' respectively 'Libraries', 'OpenGL', 'PlugIns' as well as 'Current' each in the 'Versions' folder. If they are simple files (about 20 bytes tall) or completely missing, then something went wrong while extracting these files. Use 'The Unarchiver.app' for extracting, other decompression tools may not restore the symbolic links properly.

Gerryhatrick

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2015
Make sure that the replaced OpenCL/GL Framework folders contain the symbolic links (the Icons must have a black arrow on the lower left side) e.g. for 'Headers', 'Libraries', 'OpenCL', 'Resources' respectively 'Libraries', 'OpenGL', 'PlugIns' as well as 'Current' each in the 'Versions' folder. If they are simple files (about 20 bytes tall) or completely missing, then something went wrong while extracting these files. Use 'The Unarchiver.app' for extracting, other decompression tools may not restore the symbolic links properly.

That was exactly the problem! (I'm still going backwards and forwards between my iMac and my PC. I had used winrar to extract the file). BTW the link to the 7z file is a nasty one insofar as it is easy to download browser hijackers or worse if you click the wrong link...). I did!

All is well as far as I can see and I am happliy running a (hopefully) fully functional 10.8.5.

Many thanks to all for their help and such speedy replies to my requests.

What a great forum!

OS 9 Classic

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2015
MLpostFacter not working

I have ml post factor and everything goes fine and i created both partitions ML and install but when i reboot there is no other partition to select :( The other 2 partitions are the Macintosh HD and Recovery ?? Any Help will be great :D

Gerryhatrick

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2015
I have ml post factor and everything goes fine and i created both partitions ML and install but when i reboot there is no other partition to select :( The other 2 partitions are the Macintosh HD and Recovery ?? Any Help will be great :D

Have you run MLPF, chosen your Ml version and installed into the install partition? Then you get the install boot partition (install or efi).

OS 9 Classic

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2015
Sorry your OP gave the impression that you had created the 2 partitions and nothing else... That would definitely not give you a boot option
I have created the 2 partitions and followed mlpostfactor and when it says successful then i reboot and hold down the Option key, but it only shows Macintosh HD and Recovery HD

hackergk

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2015
Check Compatibility..

Hi,
I have mac mini mid 2007
2 Ghz Cor 2 Duo,
2 GB Ram DDR2
Intel GMA 950 64MB Graphic

mac os x lion 10.7 currentely.

can i update to mountain lion ? please explain. i am newbie to mac :)

Thanks a lot

Gerryhatrick

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2015
That was exactly the problem! (I'm still going backwards and forwards between my iMac and my PC. I had used winrar to extract the file). BTW the link to the 7z file is a nasty one insofar as it is easy to download browser hijackers or worse if you click the wrong link...). I did!

All is well as far as I can see and I am happliy running a (hopefully) fully functional 10.8.5.

Many thanks to all for their help and such speedy replies to my requests.

What a great forum!

Whoops not quite there - no sound! I have applehda.kext installed. Should I use voodoohda as suggested for 10.8.5? If so could someone point me to the link? I tried the pkg voodoo2.8.4 + lion but didn't work.
Stupid question but should I patch mountain lion from lion or whilst running mountain lion?

Gerryhatrick

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2015
Whoops not quite there - no sound! I have applehda.kext installed. Should I use voodoohda as suggested for 10.8.5? If so could someone point me to the link? I tried the pkg voodoo2.8.4 + lion but didn't work.
Stupid question but should I patch mountain lion from lion or whilst running mountain lion?

Solved problem by reinstalling from scratch as I needed more space on my mountain lion partition. (increased from 20 to 50 GB)

All previously reported problems (sound, icons and scrolling) were completely absent after booting into ml for the first time. Most welcome but very strange

davg

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2015
Using file share on mountain lion unsupported mac

This is my first post. Hope i'm in the right forum?? I am new to mac but here is my problem; I am running Mountain Lion on an unsupported mac early 2008 2.1 ghz using mlpostfactor V0.3 All seem to be working well but I can't seem to get file share to work. I have configured file share the same as it was in Lion?? It sees my windows computers on my local network but when I try to connect I get a connection fail error?? If I boot into lion osx file share works fine. Hope can someone help

liemkmai

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2013
Portland, OR
This is my first post. Hope i'm in the right forum?? I am new to mac but here is my problem; I am running Mountain Lion on an unsupported mac early 2008 2.1 ghz using mlpostfactor V0.3 All seem to be working well but I can't seem to get file share to work. I have configured file share the same as it was in Lion?? It sees my windows computers on my local network but when I try to connect I get a connection fail error?? If I boot into lion osx file share works fine. Hope can someone help

This is a common problem with MLPF V0.2 and V0.3. It has not been solved yet by any developers here.

kiddoo24

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2015
The Security Update 2015-001 can be applied on a MLPF 10.8.5 installation as long as the following actions are undertaken before subsequent reboot:
1) replace new ML kernel v12.6.0 by DP1's v12.0.0 (so keep a backup before installing the update)
2) replace new System.kext v12.6.0 by DP1's v12.0.0 (again keep a backup beforehand)

Unless those replacements are done, the MLPF installation be unbootable.

The files are available here.

Please advice, as i'm new to these steps. How do you replace the kext BEFORE the subsequent reboot? I get it you need another partition with mac os x from which you can perform these steps? Thanks in advance.
UPDATE: i think i got it….even though the system tells you to reboot, u won't, instead you replace those kext and afterwards you reboot…corevt?

RV-ABZ

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2013
That's how I do it yes, followed by cache rebuild. Then I reboot. But I also keep a small partition (or a USB HDD) with SL or Lion installed, just in case. It's a life saviour when things go wrong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.