Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macmancan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2006
san diego/ca
hey i own a pm g4 and i recently installed a new dvd drive. the dvd drive is working fine but when i turn on the computer it doesnt go any further than the apple loading screen...whats wrong and is there anyway i can fix it? a few weeks ago a compusa guy did a " apple check " or something and it seemed to make it run real smoothly. what is that and how could i do that?:)
any responses would no doubt help me alot.:)

Temujin

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2005
Copenhagen
macmancan said:
hey i own a pm g4 and i recently installed a new dvd drive. the dvd drive is working fine but when i turn on the computer it doesnt go any further than the apple loading screen...whats wrong and is there anyway i can fix it? a few weeks ago a compusa guy did a " apple check " or something and it seemed to make it run real smoothly. what is that and how could i do that?:)
any responses would no doubt help me alot.:)

Try detaching the drive. If your PM works fine then you've found the problem.

macmancan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2006
san diego/ca
um

temujin, what i meant to say was, that it was working fine.whoops.ill get back to you guys after i try and do what you said.

macmancan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2006
san diego/ca
hey temujin

you said that your computer had lines. thats probable the logic board. you could of done that yourself.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.