Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
Well we all know it was going to happen....still don't think it will push the console sales up though....people that already own the 360 will be the revenue.

Still cool though....I guess I shoulda pre ordered....I think I'll make it if I don't get it on day one though.

Bless

caffeeneaddict

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2007
I guess Halo 3 is going to sell pretty well then, isn't it.

That's what they want you to think....:) but seriously i think that everyone is pre-ordering their copy so they have one without question and that the day of sales won't be as high as halo one or 2

For me and my friends the Halo series has always been about the multiplayer whether over System Link or Xbox Live, along with the Buzz games on the PS2, they're the best multiplayer experiences on a console.

I know that nothing radically different is gonna change in the third installment and no doubt some of the maps will probably be repeated as well except in higher resolution. But, why fix something when it ain't broke?

As long as we're having fun and got the beers out, me and my mates won't be complaining! :D

progx

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2003
Pennsylvania
Well we all know it was going to happen....still don't think it will push the console sales up though....people that already own the 360 will be the revenue.

Still cool though....I guess I shoulda pre ordered....I think I'll make it if I don't get it on day one though.

Bless

For the Legendary Edition, yes. But all other editions, you'll be fine. They'll be plenty to go around.

That is pretty amazing. Hats off to MSBungie. Good news for the hardcore gamers.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
That's a lot of people who didn't mind the single player in Halo 2 :D personally I'm waiting to see if it's a good game.

Haoshiro

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2006
USA, OR

I think the opposite. A lot of people have been holding their breath for Halo 3 and have been waiting to switch until then.

Especially the Halo community in general, Halo 2 players haven't had a reason to switch.

I personally know quite a few people who have always said they'll wait to get a 360 until Halo 3 comes out.

zero2dash

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2006
Fenton, MO
meh.... I'll be playing Eternal Sonata rather than Halo 3.

QFT...

Halo 3 for me is on the back burner.

Eternal Sonata + Bioshock are at the top of my list. (Hopefully I'm not too late to the Bioshock LE preorder party, but since it ships the 21st I think I have enough time as long as I do it no later than this coming Friday...8/17)

I do want Halo 3 and I will pick up the 'middle' one (with the bonus dvd) for the extra $10, but otherwise...it's on the back burner.

IMO - there are much better/newer [experience] games coming out that I'm looking forward to more than Halo 3.

tag

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2005
That's a lot of people who didn't mind the single player in Halo 2 :D personally I'm waiting to see if it's a good game.

Hey, I pretty much consider halo 2 an online only game as I never even tried the campaign mode. Its online or nothing for me. :eek:

doctor newb

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2007
PC, not the computer
I pre ordered last year as a safety precaution. But i do not think there will be a significant shortage. It seems like its pretty easy to mass produce a game as there are few parts to put in the box. It should be pretty easy to get your hands on halo. After all microsoft should have learned there lesson and they pushed the realease date up like 2 months.

swampfox

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2007
Louisiana
I'm a fan of halo 1&2, but I'm not about to go out and buy the 360 becouse of Halo 3. I'm just gonna go to my friends house and play his copy! Oh yeah, there is supposed to be a online co-op game mode. looks fun:)

zero2dash

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2006
Fenton, MO
If I buy the dirt bike helmet addition, does it include mouse support? :) *sneaks away* ¬¬

<]=)

No but I hear if you wear the helmet while playing the game, somehow a space-time continuum black hole void opens that puts you into another realm where you become Master Chief and actually enter the game to 'finish the fight'. :D

swampfox

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2007
Louisiana
No but I hear if you wear the helmet while playing the game, somehow a space-time continuum black hole void opens that puts you into another realm where you become Master Chief and actually enter the game to 'finish the fight'. :D

But I wanted to be the Arbiter!:p

JackAxe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2004
In a cup of orange juice.
Why even bother with a plastic helmet, when you can make the whole suit out of cardboard. :)

The only thing that would happen if I put that helmet on, besides my heed becoming hot and smelly, is that anyone that saw me would never let me hear the end of it. :p

<]=)

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
I bet we'll have 4 times that amount of sales the first day. Everyone I know, including myself, hasn't pre-ordered Halo 3 even though we will get it that day. That is about 6 people right there. I think most people have realized that you don't need to pre-order media anymore, there are always enough in stock. Movies, books, games, they never run out. I will just go out after work and pick one up somewhere, there are about a dozen locations around my area that will have it, shouldn't be a problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.