Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fiercetiger224

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2004
Eh...I'm just curious...Can you use a "PC" based controller with Halo for Mac?

I just purchased a Nyko AIRFLO PC controller and I have to say it's one of the most "refreshing" controllers I've ever used...I like the "keeping your hands from sweating" concept...

Oh well!!! Help would greatly be appreciated!!!

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
yeah, i'm pretty sure any PC gamepad will work if you just want the basic functions. but if you want to have every button enabled you'll probably need the drivers.

i'm got a MacAlly iShock 2... it's not the best. it's really clunky but it's alright to use. well i've spent the money now so i'm going to use keep using it.

my advice is to try anything out before you buy.

topicolo

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2002
Ottawa, ON
I still wonder why people use anything other than a keyboard and mouse for first person shooters. I mean, what's better than being able to easily free-look and not have to have auto-aim help you out like it does on the xbox?

patrick0brien

macrumors 68040
Oct 24, 2002
The West Loop
topicolo said:
I still wonder why people use anything other than a keyboard and mouse for first person shooters. I mean, what's better than being able to easily free-look and not have to have auto-aim help you out like it does on the xbox?

-topicolo

I couldn't agree more. That's why I like the Nostromo. It's a special keyboard/grip for the left hand specifically for FPS's.

Nostromo Speedpad N52

dudewheresmymac

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2004
i love my nostromo... its soo great and if you also have a pc it can be used to play other fps too.. when i first started to use it i noticed an immedate increase in kills in games like battlefield 1942 and counterstrike (i still have a pc for gaming)

dvdh

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2004
Speed pad N52 for modelling

I was wondering if anyone out there has used the speed pad n52 for 3d modeling. When it was release I couldn't help thinking . . . great for games . . . but why couldn't I set this thing up to replace my keyboard for modeling apps like Maya and FormZ? Anyone have any experience with that?

Plus . . . imagine writing off a gaming controller as a business expense . . . lol!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.