Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tony-in-japan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 13, 2008
Saitama, Japan
Don’t worry dude... waiting for Rev. B is easy.

OK, anyone who posted earlier in this thread about waiting for Rev. B, here's a piece of advice.

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES GO NEAR AN APPLE STORE OR OTHER MACBOOK AIR RETAILER UNTIL REV B's ARE SHIPPING.

Technolust hit me in a manner similar to when I first experienced the iPhone.

I don't think I have the will power to wait until Rev. B hits, so if you, like me are waiting for a rev. b then stay away from the stores.

Don’t worry dude... waiting for Rev. B is easy. :cool:

I have prepared myself comprehensively with these goodies before I enter any Apple Store. You can rent them as a set off the Microsoft site with discount whenever there is a big product launch by Apple.

;)

Attachments

• MS_Helmet.jpg
    MS_Helmet.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 106
  • MS_Gloves.jpg
    MS_Gloves.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 205
  • MS_suit.jpg
    MS_suit.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 209

pondie84

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2008
That mock-up has an ipod shuffle included... surely I'm not the only one who thinks that's more than a little whacky...

jlanuez

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2006
USA
OK, anyone who posted earlier in this thread about waiting for Rev. B, here's a piece of advice.

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES GO NEAR AN APPLE STORE OR OTHER MACBOOK AIR RETAILER UNTIL REV B's ARE SHIPPING.

Why? Because I went in to my local Apple store yesterday and handled one for the first time. I was blown away at the ergonomics and aesthetics of the machine. Technolust hit me in a manner similar to when I first experienced the iPhone. The MBA is gorgeous, handles beautifully, feels absolutely solid and makes everything else feel HEAVY by comparison. It's hard to describe just how lovely it is and how PERFECT it is a replacement for the 12" PowerBook.

I would have bought one right there if they had been in stock. Really. Only when I got home did I rationalize, but I can't get the thing out of my brain. I spent last night deleting junk off my PowerBook to see if I could live with 80gb HD.

I don't think I have the will power to wait until Rev. B hits, so if you, like me are waiting for a rev. b then stay away from the stores. The MBA is hard to appreciate until you handle it. Mark my words, this thing will sell like crazy despite the shortcomings.

SAME HERE! Used it at MacWorld and loved it. Came home and peaired down our fiels on a 17" 2.33GHz C2D 3GB/160GB MBP to see if I could live with the 80GB HD - I think we can! The MBP is down to 48.19GB used wih everything we still need on here.

Thinking about selling the 17" MBP and going for the MPA...

eyemac74119

macrumors member
Dec 9, 2007
if we are going to dream big then why not?

why not witricity?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WiTricity

6GB ram

250(256?)ssd drive

2.4 ghz core 2 quad

bluetooth
wireless usb with remote usb ports (a little white bot with ports for connecting flash drives or other things

2 NON RECESSED usb 2.0 ports

titatium or aluminunm. or even carbon fiber(UUber lightweight)

0.25-0.86 inches would be nice if it had that much in it.. offer a 12 inch version of the current mba?

offer a long life battery option (12-16 hours)
make it replaceable(and removeable) to the end user

can you say micro display for the whole palmrest option that doubles at a trackpad? something that could be turned on or off like a 2nd display:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

oh what the hell why mot offer all that at the price of 999? (1599) and release it THE DAY its released at macworld...... have all the stores carry it.....

and that looks like a mac book globe up there

Silentwave

macrumors 68000
May 26, 2006
In all honesty, I just hope the MBAir 2/3 has a single FW3200 port and a single USB 2.0 or 3.0 port....
but that it also gets Wireless USB.
That'll be the next rev I get.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.