Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dopeyman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 5, 2005
Los Angeles!
Diskwarrior 3.03, Norton Utilities, Disk Utility....

Are there any other apps out there that might be able to restore my drive? It's a seagate 200gb in an external usb case...

With DW, it was able to do a virtual of it.. But when I open the folder that I need the most, it shows as an empty folder...
With Norton, it takes forever to try to do a disk recovery.. It wasn't even half ways and it was already 2 days later...
Disk Utility is just basically useless.....

I'm on a PM G4 450mhz 768 megs running 10.3.9 (AGP Graphics edition)... Soon to be for sale....:D

TIA!!

louis_sx

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2005
International House of Louis
is it a hardware or partition map/file system problem? I can't tell from your original post. If it's like...clicking or not spinning up right, you can try freezing it for a half hour or so (really!) and then give it a whirl.

Dopeyman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 5, 2005
Los Angeles!
louis_sx said:
is it a hardware or partition map/file system problem? I can't tell from your original post. If it's like...clicking or not spinning up right, you can try freezing it for a half hour or so (really!) and then give it a whirl.

Yeah.. might be map/file system problem... The drive is pretty new.. no clicking noises... yet....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.