Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

braket

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2021
The time has come to replace my beloved iPhone mini for battery purposes. I’m likely to upgrade to the 15 Pro, but I already know it will be a too big for me. I had an iPhone X for 3 years and couldn’t wait to downsize since my thumb couldn’t reach the whole screen. Given that, I’m curious if I should just embrace the hugeness and go for the Pro Max for the camera and battery and just accept that it will be a two-hand device. Has anyone else moved from mini to Pro Max? How does it even fit in a pocket?? The mini already feels big in my pockets, and it’s really the same size as what would have qualified as a huge phone eight years ago so I don’t understand the logistics of carrying around something so much bigger.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Maybe you should get the battery replaced and wait for the 16Pro. It's rumored to have the same camera system as the ProMax next year. I'd say you most likely will not like the size difference between your mini and the ProMax..

thecautioners

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2022
I have a 14PM and it’s not a two handed device for me. Maybe my hands are weird? I sometimes use it with two hands but I lay in bed with it and just use one. I’m a woman with normal sized hands I think, they’re not very big. The PM fits in my pockets just fine.

My partner has the 13 mini and if she gives it to me to do anything for her I feel like I’m going to drop it or something, it’s so tiny! I think it’s cute. She might upgrade to a bigger phone next year. I got her the mini because I thought that’s what she wanted but she has hinted to me that she’d be happy with a bigger phone lol

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I had the same logic last year. Figured the pro was already a two handed device so went with a max. It’s ridiculously big, only liked it when sitting on the couch. I tried the regular pro for a few weeks, but missed the mini. I’ve been back on the mini since then and plan to ride it to its death.

TKSX

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2021
If you like small device, the PM will be super big for you. I would just replace the battery and run the device to its death and not upgrade because of the size.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.