Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ama0219

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2011
Greensboro, NC
Only seen my fiancé's 6 plus. Actually, the only time I've seen any other people with a 6 is at the Apple Store. I've seen none out and about. Everyone wants to look at my 6 though.

Retired Cat

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2013
I saw a 6 and a 6+ this afternoon.

The 6 looks like a phone. The 6+ looks like it could be an iPad nano.

koigirl

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2011
Raleigh, NC
I find myself kind of hiding mine out in public:

a) because I don't want to be that person -"Hey, look at me with my new phone:cool:"

and

b) I don't want any "gee that's HUGE" comments.

If they only knew....

saltd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
yeah i dont know anyone who has this phone except me...i got no friends :eek:

This is me. The few friends I do have couldn't care less about my plus. The local AT&T store has one for demo, but are WAY back ordered on the plus.

Ramio

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2011
Houston, TeXas
The other day I was at the store when someone shouted out that thing is huge. For a second, I thought my pants were unzipped until I remembered I was holding my 6 plus. Nice phone!

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
Okay, and what instance are you regularly getting asked about your phone?

Why is it a mystery to you?

I had the Starbucks barista ask me, a clerk at the grocery store, a guy outside a deli where I was having lunch and a group of people who were hanging out by the place where my band practices. All of these incidents happened in a completely normal, non-threatening and casual way. No one was waving phones around or doing anything unusual. It's just that the 6 Plus is big and noteworthy right now and some places (like Portland) are populated by (gasp!) approachable people.

CarboysDesire

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008
Las Vegas
Actually, now that you ask…no!

I have a 6 Plus and I've never seen another. I haven't even been to the Apple Store yet to see the display models.

Weird…other than pics online I've never seen another 6 or a 6 Plus, and I live in Las Vegas, hardly a small town.

Cool Pup

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2010
Dallas, TX
I haven't seen a Plus in the wild, but a lot of people have come to me when they see mine and ask about it. They seem to ask me about the bending issue and if it's a problem, I say no because it isn't something that happens during natural use cases.

People do certainly seem entranced by it, so I think that once it becomes more readily available we'll be seeing a lot more in the wild.

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2011

I had the Starbucks barista ask me, a clerk at the grocery store, a guy outside a deli where I was having lunch and a group of people who were hanging out by the place where my band practices. All of these incidents happened in a completely normal, non-threatening and casual way. No one was waving phones around or doing anything unusual. It's just that the 6 Plus is big and noteworthy right now and some places (like Portland) are populated by (gasp!) approachable people.

Jeez, no kidding. Let me guess.....the "new" camera roll is better, too, right? People love conflict, especially behind a keyboard. #bringbackcameraroll

Taco1933

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2014
I haven't seen any other than mine. But I've only seen 2 6's, and the only reason I noticed those was because the person said "I got a new phone!" I guess I don't pay much attention.

I have been asked about mine by strangers a couple times which has never happened before. I guess a 5.5" iphone is pretty weird to people.

mailboxbetacoin

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2014
right now about 1% of iPhones in use are 6+, 5% are iPhone 6
there's about 60 millions iPhone users, so that would be about 600k iPhone 6+ in use in the world. So don't expect to see them all over the place just yet.

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States

Thank you very much but I could've sworn I was asking someone else. Are you answering for other people now?

farmkittie

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2013
Yes, everywhere I go I am asked about my iPhone plus. No one at work is interested at all but everywhere else I go, yes. I even have a midnight blue case on it so I didn't know that people would notice it as an iPhone 6s.

I think they are feigning disinterest at my small company. They think their Samsungs are more "macho". Whatever.

iKrl

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2009
Today I saw three 6's in each of my two classes. I have yet to see any 6+ in the wild

itsMacTonight

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2013
Oregon-Go Ducks!
I love my 6+. A little weird the hostility early in the thread toward phablets...not sure why...to each their own. I can do almost everything on the phone one handed. I was pushing my cart through Costco today answering phone, texting, and searching all one handed with the help of the double tap. I picked up my iPhone 5s and it feels...well...very small. It feels absolutely like a mini phone after holding the 6+ for over a week. Weird how quickly one gets used to the bigger phone. For me at 6'2" with sizable hands the 6+ just feel right. I'm glad the people who like the 6 are happy with theirs. The hostility toward larger phones baffles me. (Excuse the use of ellipsis, I'm just tired)

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
I've seen equal. Course this isn't a good representative since Pluses are near impossible to find at least in my area.

iluvbeer99

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2010
my iPhone 6 plus has already gotten me laid twice since i got it.

it's a huge turn of for the ladies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.