Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mulze22

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2005
Up Nort
My Powerbook G3 is not working at all.
First I had Panther up and running beautifully and then I was searching some files and realized oh maybe I deleted them so I stuck the installer in and clicked to install and then restarted the computer. Well, I did that and everything was going fine but then I couldn't reinstall I had a later version of Panther on it. Then I chose start up disk and chose my exsisting one and when I did that it failed to load. So I went to the installer disk again and partioned my hard drive and then went to repeat the process but it said unable to load OSX because a previous OSX has not been installed or something, but the weird thing is when I first got the thing like 3 weeks ago the first thing I did was stick the Panther disk in and it worked fine. Please help me!!!!!!!!!

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
OOOOkkkaaayyyyy...

So, you thought you deleted something... so you tried to reinstall... and it didn't.

About right?

(Just am trying to figure out what you're saying)

mulze22

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2005
Up Nort
Mechcozmo said:
OOOOkkkaaayyyyy...

So, you thought you deleted something... so you tried to reinstall... and it didn't.

About right?

(Just am trying to figure out what you're saying)
Yeah I thought I deleted some files from the System folder so I tried to reinstall using the Install disc and it didn't work so I tried to reboot on my already installed OS and it didn't work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.