Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ivorynightfall

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
I got my replacement battery today because my previous one wasn't charging at all.

I didn't have the instructions before me when I installed the new battery so I didn't follow them to the letter. Big mistake. Although I thought it was shut down, my Macbook was actually asleep when I changed batteries and so when I opened it the screen was a sheer gray over the previous desktop screen and wouldn't move. So I reset the PMU and it seems to be working fine now.

HOWEVER my adapter now insists on charging my battery even when the battery is fully charged. The LED light is orange, the charging battery icon shows up and the time says says "calculating." Coconutbattery shows that my battery is 100% charged and also that the battery is charging.

What should I do? This continual charging is bad for my Macbook and/or battery, right? I also forgot to plug in the adapter before I turned on my Macbook for the first time with the new battery. Was this the source of the problem?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.