Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fekimoki

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 2, 2006
Jakarta, Indonesia
hi, please check out the screenshot of my activity monitor
being highlighted in that screenshot, i have no idea what it is
its running under rosetta.
i already restart the mac and look on login items on my account, nothing suspicious, ex: growl, quicksilver

so what to do?
thank you.

oh, and the open files and ports of that process:
Code:
/
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/Metadata.framework/Versions/A/Support/mdimport
/System/Library/CoreServices/CharacterSets/CFUnicodeData-B.mapping
/System/Library/CoreServices/CharacterSets/CFCharacterSetBitmaps.bitmap
/System/Library/CoreServices/CharacterSets/CFUniCharPropertyDatabase.data
/Users/felixwidjaja/Library/PreferencePanes/Growl.prefPane/Contents/Resources/GrowlHelperApp.app/Contents/Library/Spotlight/GrowlImporter.mdimporter/Contents/MacOS/GrowlImporter
/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-014501.csstore
/usr/share/icu/icudt32b.dat
/usr/lib/dyld
/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreText.framework/Versions/A/CoreText
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ATS.framework/Versions/A/ATS
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/CoreGraphics
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation
/usr/lib/libicucore.A.dylib
/usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib
/usr/lib/libstdc++.6.0.4.dylib
/usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/IOKit
/usr/lib/libauto.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Versions/A/CarbonCore
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/OSServices.framework/Versions/A/OSServices
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CFNetwork.framework/Versions/A/CFNetwork
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/SearchKit.framework/Versions/A/SearchKit
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/Metadata.framework/Versions/A/Metadata
/System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Versions/A/Security
/System/Library/Frameworks/DiskArbitration.framework/Versions/A/DiskArbitration
/System/Library/Frameworks/SystemConfiguration.framework/Versions/A/SystemConfiguration
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/AE.framework/Versions/A/AE
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ColorSync.framework/Versions/A/ColorSync
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/PrintCore.framework/Versions/A/PrintCore
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/QD.framework/Versions/A/QD
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIServices.framework/Versions/A/HIServices
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/FindByContent.framework/Versions/A/FindByContent
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/LaunchServices
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/ImageIO
/usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.7.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libJP2.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libRaw.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libTIFF.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libPng.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libRadiance.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vImage.framework/Versions/A/vImage
/System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libvMisc.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libvDSP.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libBLAS.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libLAPACK.dylib
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DesktopServicesPriv.framework/Versions/A/DesktopServicesPriv
/System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Versions/C/Foundation
/usr/lib/libxml2.2.dylib
/usr/libexec/oah/translate
/dev/null
/dev/null
count=0, state=0x2
/tmp/com.apple.csseed.65
apple.shm.notification_center
/Library/Spotlight
/System/Library/Spotlight
/Users/felixwidjaja/Music/iTunes/.DS_Store
count=0, state=0x2

beatsme

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2005
if it's a PowerPC process, it seems like you've got a non-UB application installed somewhere. I have a few PPC processes running to support my printer.

I wouldn't worry about it, unless you suspect it's causing system issues.

fekimoki

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 2, 2006
Jakarta, Indonesia
wow thx
as mentioned on the cocoaforge forum url above, adium is the culprit
just before i ran adium, there is no translate
after i ran it, translate started.
after i quit adium, translate still there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.