Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Barron

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2004
Georgia
Here's the problem... I have a G3 blue and white and operating with OS 9.2.2.
HP 632C printer icon shows up in the chooser next to appleshare, but I can't select it in the right frame. I've plugged and unplugged everything, reinstalled drivers. I even turned other existing printers off in the ext.manager. What next? Please help!

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Barron said:
Here's the problem... I have a G3 blue and white and operating with OS 9.2.2.
HP 632C printer icon shows up in the chooser next to appleshare, but I can't select it in the right frame. I've plugged and unplugged everything, reinstalled drivers. I even turned other existing printers off in the ext.manager. What next? Please help!
What do you mean that you can't select it in the right frame? Did you first select it in the left frame?

CAM

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2004
Lillington, NC
I have this model printer connected to my PC at home. HP does not offer any Mac drivers for it. Even if you are printing over a network, you'd still need the proper drivers wouldn't you?

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
CAM said:
I have this model printer connected to my PC at home. HP does not offer any Mac drivers for it. Even if you are printing over a network, you'd still need the proper drivers wouldn't you?
You are correct. The DJ 632 is a very old printer and is not supported under any version of the MacOS or MacOS X. The printer is, however, supported under MacOS X by CUPS.

Barron

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2004
Georgia
DJ 632C Dragon!

Guess you guys are right! This baby is too old to rock.
Heck... it looks new/ with exception to the parallel/USB.
Oh well... would anyone like to buy it? Just kidding!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.