Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dal123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
England
I'm having trouble creating Graphic Styles with Illustrator CS2, what exactly do you do when you need to create a graphic style that has two or more layers/ effects?

Also I'm struggling with the arrangement of graphic styles library, I have created my own library called 'my styles' but I cannot drag this new style to the group.
I have also 'created outlines' on some text, applied the graphic style effect to this text, it looks like the graphic style has been applied. However it does not work, it is still black?

Dal123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
England
Anybody got any suggestions on this? Surely you can create a graphic style with more than a couple of layers.:(
I've wasted so much time creating this style over and over again, it's only a simple metal effect of two layers, one with a grain effect; opacity turned well down, and one with a gradient effect.:(

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Hi.

I don't know if CS2 supports Symbols or not. If it does, you can create a Symbol Instance of your ruler and use it repeatedly without having to reinvent the wheel. If you just want the style you created so you can apply it to other objects, I'm not sure how that works. Symbols is under the Menu "Window".

Dale

Dal123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
England
I don't think CS2 supports technical graphic styles (I think it only handles one layer with an effect).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.