Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SteveS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2005
I went to reload my G5 Dual 1.8. As reloading it locked up. I tryed to restart but I dont get anything. Does turn on I hear the fan and the harddrive spin but no beeps. I tryed holding F8 and nothing. I tryed holding down the mouse to eject the cd but nothing. ??????????

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
SteveS said:
I went to reload my G5 Dual 1.8. As reloading it locked up. I tryed to restart but I dont get anything. Does turn on I hear the fan and the harddrive spin but no beeps. I tryed holding F8 and nothing. I tryed holding down the mouse to eject the cd but nothing. ??????????

It sounds to me that you are stuck. You could try resetting the PMU to see if that helps. If not, definitely call Apple.

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
Can you boot from DVD?

Try (re)booting the G5, while pressing the <OPTION> key (=<ALT>).
If you get a blue screen, then please wait about a minute until the cursor changes from a watch to a pointer (it is scanning all available boot volumes, even the network). Then press <EJECT> on your Keyboard, and insert the original Power Mac Install DVD. Then press the refresh button, wait for another minute, and hopefully the DVD appears as a volume on the boot manager.
Select the DVD, and press the continue button.

natearrigoni

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2006
G5 not booting

Try unplugging all Firewire devices and USB devices and try to boot from the CD or DVD. If not then reset the PRAM. DO it htree times in a row. If not check to see if your ram is in or bad. Good luck.

SteveS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2005
Nothing seems to work. I tryed all the tips you guys said. Thanks. Guess its up for sale now.

hcuar

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2004
Dallas
SteveS said:
Nothing seems to work. I tryed all the tips you guys said. Thanks. Guess its up for sale now.

Wow... that's a little drastic. Seems like you could try a little harder. I'll give you $1.00 shipped. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.