Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

floriflee

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2004
Les Kern said:
I concur. And I'd get that in writing... AFTER the bet is paid off. Something to tell the grandchildren.
:)

Yeah, THAT would be an interesting story to tell them. Perhaps that's another sign of age....when you start thinking if whether the things you do are appropriate to tell the kids/grandkids later....

Yikes!

Even though he'll probably get his hits anyway, I refuse to visit the site just because I think the bet is stupid--regardless of who came up with it (the guy or the gf).

cycocelica

macrumors 68000
Apr 28, 2005
Redmond, WA
muffinman said:
HOW IS THIS GUY GETTING SO MANY HITS AND SUCH GREAT PUBLICITY???? THIS IS CRAZY!

I want to learn how to do that for my blog!
It is all about the idea. Blogs are so common these days. This was an original idea and he sent this to as many people as possible. They saw this, found it funny and did the same. It is all about the idea and how bizarre it is.

maxterpiece

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2003
well she copped out. (Yes, I've been following his updates religiously). I don't think he's got any kinda shot at the 74,251,867 hits she renegotiated for.

Shamus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2006
maxterpiece said:
well she copped out. (Yes, I've been following his updates religiously). I don't think he's got any kinda shot at the 74,251,867 hits she renegotiated for.

I have checked back on the site a couple of times. That number is preposterous. There is simply no way that he could get that many unique hits. But ah well, twas a good try on his behalf :p.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
His site's back up...

And he claims in the forums that the new site is a copycat...which it probably is. It was registered to someone else on April 6th, yet claims to have updates going back to mid-March that are exactly the same as his.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.