Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacStu09

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2009
Just replace the home button and home button controller. Even if you don't know how to work on these things, ifixit makes it really easy. It's less than a $10 fix.

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Installing-iPod-Touch-4th-Generation-Home-Button-Controller/3615/3

I'm assuming that's the only problem according to what you've said. Many people here have the money to "go buy a new one" but that is not your only option. Find out exactly what all is wrong and fix it. Unless you severed solder points and tore several cables, you should be alright.

Don't take anything to Apple ever, unless it was entirely caused by a malfunction and you are still inside warranty. Otherwise, do everything yourself. Replacing parts on apple products has never taken me more than an hour, from rebuilding a mac pro 1.1 to a simple ipod touch battery/home button replacement.

Last edited:

Alphadogantone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
Texas,Houston
Just replace the home button and home button controller. Even if you don't know how to work on these things, ifixit makes it really easy. It's less than a $10 fix.

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Installing-iPod-Touch-4th-Generation-Home-Button-Controller/3615/3

I'm assuming that's the only problem according to what you've said. Many people here have the money to "go buy a new one" but that is not your only option. Find out exactly what all is wrong and fix it. Unless you severed solder points and tore several cables, you should be alright.

Don't take anything to Apple ever, unless it was entirely caused by a malfunction and you are still inside warranty. Otherwise, do everything yourself. Replacing parts on apple products has never taken me more than an hour, from rebuilding a mac pro 1.1 to a simple ipod touch battery/home button replacement.

my home button works, the power button does not, ill try messing with it , if not, ill buy a new one

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.