Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anikgol

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2003
ok archived and installed Tiger and i opened Mail and it started importing emails (from former Mail). But it always stops at 7882 og 9977 messages imported. it just wont continue and finish the importing!! its just stuck and does so everytime.

Help!!!

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
anikgol said:
ok archived and installed Tiger and i opened Mail and it started importing emails (from former Mail). But it always stops at 7882 og 9977 messages imported. it just wont continue and finish the importing!! its just stuck and does so everytime.

Help!!!

Wait for 10.4.1. I hate to give such advice, but this is a known bug in Tiger Mail.

anikgol

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2003
but can i do this manually? i cant find the old mail folders and i cant open mail without it starting to do the import. if i cancel the import it quits!

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
anikgol said:
but can i do this manually? i cant find the old mail folders and i cant open mail without it starting to do the import. if i cancel the import it quits!
The old Mail folders are located here: (your home folder)/Library/Mail

Moving those should stop Mail from trying to import your mail.

anikgol

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2003
ill be damned, looks like it worked doing the way you mentioned. thanx!

CiBoys

macrumors regular
May 13, 2005
San Francisco
Mail 2?

i did that when i did a clean install when i installed Tiger, i drag the mail folder from my HOME library in Panther and then drag it back to the same place into the HOME librart in Tiger and it works :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.